Dr. Timothy Steel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Timothy Steel

I believe Dr Steel saved my life. The pain I was suffering prior to my C1 C2 neck fusion made life unbearable. After Dr Steel operated, the pain was instantly gone, just like having a bad tooth removed. I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery. Regards, Jake Guzelian

flag | Submitted January 20, 2020

Agree. Such great reviews in 24hr period. Was recoup by deception that made me reconsider my Beths surgery. Dont agree with smoke and mirrors. Transparency please and unfortunately this office and team seem superficial. We have access to knowledge aswell. Its a person, not a machine or dollar sign. To much controversy and mistruths to go with this surgeon. Disappointing. Why go into medicine ? Wasted my hard earned money on consultation. Bob M.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2020

Best doctor ever! Could not be happier after surgery with Professor Steel

flag | Submitted January 18, 2020

He is the absolute best! Saw 3 other surgeons before choosing Dr Steel, 2 others wanted to do fusion surgery with screws and bolts. I had terrible down my left leg which Dr Steel showed me was due to a small cyst coming from a joint in the back. He fixed me with a little operation to remove the cyst without any fusion. My pain was gone the moment I woke up from surgery. It's now been 9 months and I have no pain. I go kayaking 3 times a week in the ocean. He is an absolute legend! His office staff was extremely helpful and kept me informed about everything before and after the surgery.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2020

I'm 52 and I've had 2 surgeries with DrSteel. First was to fix a slipped disc back in 2012 and last year had a fusion to replace the disc that had worn out. Both surgeries went well and I am really happy with the result. He was always very attentive and explained everything very well. He took the time to explain why the fusion was better than a disc replacement - which is what I wanted as it initially sounded like the better option. He and his assistant were very thorough looking after me in hospital and after. Whoever I had questions before and after the surgery he was available - even ringing me on the weekend to follow up how I was progressing after the fusion surgery. I have recommended him on multiple accessions and will continue to do so. For me there is no one I'd rather have looking after me. LD

flag | Submitted January 16, 2020

Professor Steel and his team ,Helen, Stephanie and Rochelle , were just great. They guided us through the whole process of surgery on my wife with such care, empathy and attention to detail. My wife ,christine had bone spurs pushin on the nerves in her back and was in terrible pain. prof steel showed us the problem in his office and explaned how the bone had grown ever since Christines horse ridinf accident 25 years ago. the fluis was leaking out of her disc and this caused her years of pain in her back. Prof steel and Professor Hugol took out the disc and removed the bone spurs by going through a small cut in her abdomen. Her pain was gone straight after the surgery and she as home after 3 days. We are both so greatful to him. The nursing staff at st Vincent's Private were amazing as well. so competent and caring. John F.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2020

We had an amazing experience with Dr STEEL. His office staff were incredibly professional both Stephanie and Angie. I felt so comfortable after hearing his explanations about what needed to be done to fix my neck. I was very apprehensive about having surgery on my neck because I had problems for so long. The surgery went perfectly and it’s fixed my pain. Dr steel delivered exactly what he said he would. It’s now six months since his operation .I am exercising in the gym three times a week and swimming every day. All thanks to Dr STEEL

flag | Submitted January 16, 2020

Dr Steel looked after my mother with such care, skill and compassion. She had spinal; pain for a long time and could hardly walk. Dr steel took time to explain the problem , which was overgrown bone and cartilage due to wearing out the discs. He did the surgery at St Vincents private hospital which was great. She is so much better and walks without pain now. As she was a pensioner she didn't even have to pay any gap. We can't thank him and his team enough. Thank you Dr Steel>

Excellent Doctor . Care with empathy. Fixed me 2 years ago couldn't be happier

flag | Submitted January 16, 2020

I saw multiple spine surgeons prior to Dr Steel. Each one gave me a different opinion and plan without bothering to explain. Dr Steel gave me a lot of time and explained everything. I had surgery and recovery was smoothie than expected. I helt well looked after at all stages. From a veteran Patient - best doctor I have met!

Dr. Timothy Steel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Timothy Steel is a leading neurosurgeon and spine surgeon in Sydney with more than 18 years experience as a consultant neurosurgeon. He underwent 10 years of surgical training after his internship at some of the finest hospitals in Australia, the United States of America and England. Much of his time as a neurosurgeon has been spent at the leading edge of spine surgery in Australia, helping people attain a better quality of life. His meticulous approach to surgery and specialised individual patient care has established his international reputation.

• English