Ratings for Dr. Timothy Steel

I had a spinal fusion at L5/S1 level on the 17 November 2017. I had an excellent experience with Dr Steel. I had suffered from chronic lower back pain, for 30 years. In September 2017 began experiencing tingling in my right leg and numbness in my toes. When I woke from the spinal fusion, all the pain I had experienced over the past years had disappeared. I cannot rate him highly enough as a spinal surgeon. His consultations before the operation were professional and very helpful to alleviate a lot of my fears and concerns. Thank you Dr Steele and your team for giving my life back to me ! It is an amazing feeling to be walking pain free after so many years of coping with chronic pain. I am forever grateful and thankful for deciding to undergo the spinal fusion. The position outcomes from the operation has been way beyond my expectations.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Had an excellent experience with Dr Steel. He fixed my neck and arm after i'd tried everything else. No one else had tried to work out the problem thoroughly like Dr Steel. He worked out where the pain was coming from and fixed it with a keyhole operation. very happy to recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

I had surgery performed by Dr steel on my back on 28th October. The relief from the pain was noticeable as soon as I came around from the GA and I must say , I have as yet ,not had ANY sort of pain from the operation at all, Remarkable! A massive "Thank you" to Dr steel and his team. KC

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr Steel fixed my back 2 years ago. I had terrible pain from a trapped nerve and couldn't walk properly. I tried physio , chirp even acupuncture and nothing worked. He took a fragment of disc out through a tube and I was fixed straight away. 1 night in hospital and I was as good as new. Very happy to recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

The only specialist to see for spinal issues such as mine. I had gone through so much pain and bad doctors until I was referred to Dr Steel and he solved my cervical spine issues and now saving for lumber spine surgery

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Its very rarely that I come across a doctor of Dr Steel's caliber. He recently conducted a craniotomy to remove a tumour from my mothers brain. My mother is 68 so I was very apprehensive coming into the surgery as she is quite frail. He made my mother and our whole family feel so at ease and his whole team were extremely professional and empathetic towards our situation. I can't thank Dr Steel enough, he has changed our lives. My mother has had such a fast recovery from her procedure and she is in such high spirits. I would highly recommend Dr Steel!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have had Dr Steel operate twice on my neck due to a car accident I was a passenger 20 years ago. I am so happy that I qaited 20 years to the month since the accident to have the surgery. As they say, Good things come to those who wait, and I am so glad I waited because I got the best Neoursurgeon in Australia in my opinion who is incredible in both my eyes and my husbands. I had a disc replacement done again just this Monday gone, and I came home to Orange Nsw 24 hours after surgery. I have had no pain, and since arriving back home, everything is the same like I never even went through a major operation only 3 days ago. Thankyou to everyone involved from the bottom of my heart. As the song goes, He's simply the best, and better than all the rest. Thankyou Dr Tim Steel from the fullness of my heart. Karen Pierce

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I had neck pain for more than 10 years and I'd seen lots of different specialists but never had any lasting relief and never had any really good explanation for the pain. I tried everything-physio,chiro, acupuncture, even saw an exercise physiologist. I didn't want to have surgery- (who does?) - but i steadily got worse. The pain started to go into my shoulder and arm. A friends sister had back surgery by Dr Steel and was really happy with the result so i went to see him. I was very very impressed with him straight away. He did some extra scans and worked out what seemed to be the problem- a badly arthritic joint that was highly unusual at my age (41). We tried a steroid injection that worked very well for 2 weeks but the pain came back.Dr Steel recommended fusion surgery which I was very apprehensive about, but he explained the problem very well and why the surgery should alleviate the pain. I had the fusion operation 3 months ago and the result was amazing. The burning pain was gone immediately after the surgery. After more than 10 years of pain it was such a relief. I am so thankful to Dr Steel for his efforts and for taking the time to work out the problem so precisely. And very thankful for his surgery which has worked so well. I am getting back to the gym , running every morning and I haven't felt so healthy in years. I'm very pleased I had the surgery and very pleased I saw Dr Steel. David E.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr Steel operated on my spine last year. I don't know how to even start to say thank you to Dr Steel and his team. He has literally changed my life. Without him and St Vincent's Hospital I would still be in a wheelchair. His generosity proves there are still wonderful people in the world. He is an amazing man. I thank him from the Bottom of my heart. From the now walking ME xx

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

I had back surgery in 2009. Dr Steel was my surgeon. I am an active person and was keen to get back into racing but always a little hesitant post surgery. After two kids (natural births, no complications, back fine) I got back into racing. I just did my first half ironman 70.3 and got 2nd in my age group. Without this surgery I don't know where I'd be, fairly depressed I'd say!! Thanks to Dr Steel and the team.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017