Ratings for Dr. Vincenzo Basile

I waited 6 months for this appointment only to find him to be easily distracted and constantly on the phone for personal reasons. He has a clan of personel following him around who ask his questions that he follows up on. There is a female, in particular who identifies herself as a fellow but makes sure you don't know her name who is rude, abrasive and quite arrogant. Under no uncertain terms she makes it clear she is a fellow and she is done with school just specializing in her practice of neurology. Very scary to think she could be and will be out practicing on her own and is very rude, is risking people's lives and well being depending on her mood! Did I mention how rough and uncaring she can be, if you are in pain, she ignores you if you tell her that's very uncomfortable or painful outside of the test she doesn't stop, or apologize. I was not told about a follow up until Dr Basile came in and was not given one before I left, so I won't be going back. They are not organized nor do they communicate well as a group, Dr Basile does communicate well as an individual but distracts easily and is unable to stay on task which explains why he is always late! Smart man poor support team, even scarier fellow.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I had an excellent experience w Dr Basile and the staff which he was teaching. I did wait to see him but it was well worth the wait. He apologized for the wait but indicated that working in the hospital he was paged to a stroke occurring in the emergency department. When his assessment was completed he provided thorough explanation of each of my problems. I was referred to him for one issue but when I explained my other problems, he actually brought be back to the testing area to assess for my other issues. He did not focus on just one problem per visit. He then broke down each problem into separate entities and explained why he determined certain things going on. He was teaching a nurse and resident at the time, but he made sure to explain to all of us in simple terms what was going on and why he was ordering certain tests. At my second visit he had all the testing done and explained his conclusions and treatments. I've never felt better better cared for. Worth the wait if you want to figure out what you have.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

His beside manor is off and on. He is always on the run, on his phone , coming and going very difficult to keep his attention no wonder patients wait so long! His fellows is terrible and has an even worse beside manor, both disrespectful and rough! It is scarey to think she will be practicing on her own, could be by now! No doctor is worth your life if they cannot take the time to spend with you and concentrate on your issues! He is knowledgeable if only he can sit long enough uninterrupted and share and not have his other staff coming in and out he could concentrate uninterrupted and the office could move faster.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I have to say that I had an unexpected bad experience with Dr. Basile...after waiting 3 months to get this appointment I felt that it was my fault that I was referred to him by my family doctor. Dr. Basile's fellow that I don't even remember her name had a very bad attitude telling me she knew how I was feeling and poking me with a needle to demonstrate that I have no numbness...I've never been tested like that for sensation... And this just because my results of EMG test showed no nerve damage. That's why Dr. Basile considered that it was an inappropriate referral , like I should've waited until I got a nerve damaged before I could come to see him , just ridiculous...in the end he suggested an MRI test if symptoms persists....well, I've been having symptoms for over 4 months and still now...I would never go back to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I saw Dr. Basile on 2 occassions. I must say his staff did most of the work though when he did talk to me he was very helpful. He wrote a thorough report to my MD though the appointment I was to have scheduled by his office was never scheduled though I called to follow up. It was a referral Dr. Basile made. Overall, happy with the care and professionalism.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I saw Dr. Basile for EMG and nerve conduction testing for a possible ALS diagnosis and he and his crew were amazing. I'm the kind of a guy who doesn't just take doctors; words and questions their logic and conclusions and Dr. Basile showed to be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful doctors I have come across. He really lived up to his reputation.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

He could be the best neurologist in town but makes his patients wait longer hours, very distracted, his beeper always goes off, leaves patients in room and goes off somewhere else. During my visit he (last for 90 secs after waiting for for 3.5 hours) he was busy talking to a buddy of his whom I guess he accidently met in the hospital. I felt like an idiot when I left the hospital bcoz he made me feel like he doesn't care.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

One of the best experiences I've had with a Dr in the whole life. His thoroughness and attention to detail was unlike any Dr i've experienced. His calm demeanour and pleasant aura had me at ease during testing. He is a gem in the field of Neurology as I had seen 3 prior Neurologists with no concrete answer to my issues. I can honestly Dr Basile diagnosed my issues and I am on the road to recovery. If only other Doctors were the same the world would truly be a better place medically. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Basile yesterday for the first time and was completely pleased with the visit. I did have to wait over an hour to see him but it truly was worth the wait. He was kind and and very empathic to my needs. He also took the time to address other issues that I was even there for. Dr. Basile actually said that he knew it was not what I was there for but he wanted to take a few minutes and address additional concerns. How awesome is that???? He wanted to address other aspects and actually did additional testing to leave no stones unturned. I am very fortunate to have him now on my team.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I had a great experience with Dr. Basil. I was sent to him regarding a problem with my hand but after performing the testing he felt I might have something also going on in my legs. He didn't say 1 problem per visit and listened to all of my complaints. In doing so he actually found a more serious problem that I am now being treated for. had he not taken the time to ask questions I don't feel that this would have been figured out. I found him kind and compassionate. Systematic testing led to my diagnosis. He was willing to see me even without appointment and this doesn't happen these days. I am happy I was sent to him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015