Ratings for Dr. Vincenzo Basile

Had an appointment with this doctor today but he never showed up. The clerk at the hospital informed us that the doctor is off today and we never received any notice. We were just told to call back and try to book another appointment.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Had an appointment with Dr . Basil but never saw him personally. He send an interim nice lady dr. to see me . Terrible punctuality. My appointment was at 0900 , saw him coming late 10 min after 9 than waited for 50 min. to do my test and I did not see him at all that day.When asked the Nurse on the hallway she said " for the specialist You need to wait "So I see there is a common practice for this dr. to be late.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have seen Dr. Basile on 3 occasions, two of which where with him and one with a female ( I do not remember her name). She was ok although I would have preferred to speak with him only. He seemed very knowledgeable and I found him to be pleasant. He recommended a 2-year follow up which I will be doing this year. Although there was no solution to my issue, I will see him again and see what happens.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had an excellent experience with this doctor. My father was brought to ER with a stroke and weakness and the right side. He quickly came in an within minutes assessed him and gave the clot dissolving drug. He then quickly arranged for emergency surgery and we walked out of the hospital completely back to normal 2 days later. This was live saving care for our family. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I find this doctor responsible for misdiagnosing clear signs of stoke (TIA) as seizures and prescribing a blood thinner called Eliquis to someone who was never seen by a cardiologist or identified as suffering of heart fibrillation. The problem was blocked arteries in the neck and this resulted in a massive stroke a month after he was seen by Dr Basile. Not only Dr Basile misdiagnosed the condition, but he took away the last chance of help by prescribing a drug that cannot be combined with the drugs used in the "clot buster". The clot buster can be used with good results to reverse the damage caused by blocked carotids in the first 3 hours after the stroke. The presence of Eliquis makes this impossible as it will cause hemorrhage in the brain. In other word, I wish I've never met this man who calls himself a neurologist, he ruined someone's life. When a driver is negligent and ruins someone's life as a result, he loses the license to drive. Dr Basile was negligent, but he still has a license. Not right.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I am so thankful to Dr. Basile and his staff for having such great knowledge and team work. Dr. Basile himself is super nice and really knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I visited Dr Basile for an illness that many other doctors were not able to diagnose. He was extremely helpful, kind and had excellent bedside manor. His staff were also very helpful. He spent a lot of time with me to explain what my illness was and how I could best deal with it. Most doctors just rush through things and don't spend time. I did wait for 25 minutes but the amount of time that I spent with him and the diligence on explaining things to me in a clear manner were all well worth the short wait. He is a teaching doctor which explains his amazing ability to explain things to me. He is very intelligent and very kind. I would definitely visit him again and recommend him as a top neurologist! Thank you Dr Basile!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I waited 6 months for this appointment only to find him to be easily distracted and constantly on the phone for personal reasons. He has a clan of personel following him around who ask his questions that he follows up on. There is a female, in particular who identifies herself as a fellow but makes sure you don't know her name who is rude, abrasive and quite arrogant. Under no uncertain terms she makes it clear she is a fellow and she is done with school just specializing in her practice of neurology. Very scary to think she could be and will be out practicing on her own and is very rude, is risking people's lives and well being depending on her mood! Did I mention how rough and uncaring she can be, if you are in pain, she ignores you if you tell her that's very uncomfortable or painful outside of the test she doesn't stop, or apologize. I was not told about a follow up until Dr Basile came in and was not given one before I left, so I won't be going back. They are not organized nor do they communicate well as a group, Dr Basile does communicate well as an individual but distracts easily and is unable to stay on task which explains why he is always late! Smart man poor support team, even scarier fellow.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I had an excellent experience w Dr Basile and the staff which he was teaching. I did wait to see him but it was well worth the wait. He apologized for the wait but indicated that working in the hospital he was paged to a stroke occurring in the emergency department. When his assessment was completed he provided thorough explanation of each of my problems. I was referred to him for one issue but when I explained my other problems, he actually brought be back to the testing area to assess for my other issues. He did not focus on just one problem per visit. He then broke down each problem into separate entities and explained why he determined certain things going on. He was teaching a nurse and resident at the time, but he made sure to explain to all of us in simple terms what was going on and why he was ordering certain tests. At my second visit he had all the testing done and explained his conclusions and treatments. I've never felt better better cared for. Worth the wait if you want to figure out what you have.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

His beside manor is off and on. He is always on the run, on his phone , coming and going very difficult to keep his attention no wonder patients wait so long! His fellows is terrible and has an even worse beside manor, both disrespectful and rough! It is scarey to think she will be practicing on her own, could be by now! No doctor is worth your life if they cannot take the time to spend with you and concentrate on your issues! He is knowledgeable if only he can sit long enough uninterrupted and share and not have his other staff coming in and out he could concentrate uninterrupted and the office could move faster.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016