Ratings for Dr. Vincenzo Basile

Dr. Basile was absolutely amazing. Came into ER with my father who was completely paralyzed on his right side and not able to speak. He arrived at the hospital at the same time we did with the ambulance at 1am and within an hr he was treated with intravenous blood thinner and having surgery. 2 days later he left the hospital walking talking and back to normal. Miracle workers. God bless you Dr.Basile.Our doctors truly are here to help us and sacrifice a lot to be there when we really need it. We were lucky to have met you and are forever great full.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Basile is the only Neurologist who was able to diagnose my husbands condition and recommend treatment. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Basile for his ongoing care and treatment of my husband!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Not helpful at all. Not sure why his secretary interviewed me? Dr Basile came in an hour later and in a few minutes left? Felt rushed and left without any real answers! Back to my family doctor I guess to figure things out. Complete waste of time.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

I saw this Dr. and his fellow on two occasions, and they were absolutely great. Incredible bed side manner, great knowledge, very caring......Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Excellent people skills, very attentive and caring. Very concern about patient care, treatment and the next steps. Would recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Had an appointment with this doctor today but he never showed up. The clerk at the hospital informed us that the doctor is off today and we never received any notice. We were just told to call back and try to book another appointment.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Had an appointment with Dr . Basil but never saw him personally. He send an interim nice lady dr. to see me . Terrible punctuality. My appointment was at 0900 , saw him coming late 10 min after 9 than waited for 50 min. to do my test and I did not see him at all that day.When asked the Nurse on the hallway she said " for the specialist You need to wait "So I see there is a common practice for this dr. to be late.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have seen Dr. Basile on 3 occasions, two of which where with him and one with a female ( I do not remember her name). She was ok although I would have preferred to speak with him only. He seemed very knowledgeable and I found him to be pleasant. He recommended a 2-year follow up which I will be doing this year. Although there was no solution to my issue, I will see him again and see what happens.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had an excellent experience with this doctor. My father was brought to ER with a stroke and weakness and the right side. He quickly came in an within minutes assessed him and gave the clot dissolving drug. He then quickly arranged for emergency surgery and we walked out of the hospital completely back to normal 2 days later. This was live saving care for our family. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I find this doctor responsible for misdiagnosing clear signs of stoke (TIA) as seizures and prescribing a blood thinner called Eliquis to someone who was never seen by a cardiologist or identified as suffering of heart fibrillation. The problem was blocked arteries in the neck and this resulted in a massive stroke a month after he was seen by Dr Basile. Not only Dr Basile misdiagnosed the condition, but he took away the last chance of help by prescribing a drug that cannot be combined with the drugs used in the "clot buster". The clot buster can be used with good results to reverse the damage caused by blocked carotids in the first 3 hours after the stroke. The presence of Eliquis makes this impossible as it will cause hemorrhage in the brain. In other word, I wish I've never met this man who calls himself a neurologist, he ruined someone's life. When a driver is negligent and ruins someone's life as a result, he loses the license to drive. Dr Basile was negligent, but he still has a license. Not right.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017