Ratings for Dr. Mark Wheatcroft

I was (am?) a patient of Dr. Wheatcroft. He performed major surgery on me. Not only did he take the time to address all of my concerns, he described in detail the procedure I would be undergoing as well as the plans he had should unexpected problems happen. He visited me every day post surgery and spent time with my wife both before and after surgery to reassure her. No, St. Michael’s hospital is definitely showing it’s age and the floor staff competence and level of caring was “uneven”. That is a very small price to pay to have a surgeon as qualified and caring as Dr. Wheatcroft operating on you. I’m grateful to my doctor for referring me to Dr. Wheatcroft.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr Wheatcroft was compassionate, knowledgeable, professional and thorough. Not only did he address my fathers aeortic aneurysm but also found an underling fatal condition that my father didn’t know existed. Choose him!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

The ICU unit was fantastic as well!!! However the on the floor care was horrendous. Hope l never have to be at St. Michael ‘s ever! Not sure all floors but that one in Peticular sure was and it was filthy. We were just disscuted

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

His skilled hands saved my husband. On top of repairing an aneurysm, he replaced to calcified arteries. Five days later, he performed another unexpected surgery to repair an hernia caused by too much coughing. Through this experience, he remained a constant professional, patient and teacher. We will be forever grateful for having met him. He saw the urgency of the situation and put the surgery on priority. What a compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Dr. wheatcraft was very knowledgeable and very compassionate in dealing with my case if it wasn't for Dr. Wheatcroft I wouldn't be here today thank you so much Dr. Wheatcroft and staff

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Wheatcroft is such a wonderful doctor and person. My father had to has his leg amputated and Dr. Wheatcrofts care and knowledge helped us through a stressful ordeal.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

4 consultations 2 operations so far more to come have ultimate confidence in his advice and work . his manner and his staff a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Wheatcroft is truly one of the greatest,most skilled,& kindest surgeons/doctors I've ever had.He saved my life and he became a friend as well.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Wheatcroft was the doctor for my father when he was suffering from a foot wound that would not heal due to diabetes and poor bloodflow. After a year or various medications, it had reached the point where Dr. Wheatcroft recommended amputation of the foot. A terrifying diagnosis for my father and of course for our family. He discussed the options, why he was recommending it and made us feel like he was taking all factors into consideration. We decided upon a below knee amputation and the surgery was done by Dr. Wheatcroft (or possibly his junior under his guidance) and it went well. My father made it through and went through rehab and has a prosthetic now. Many other doctors and physiotherapists have commented on how well formed the residuum (stump) is and that is a reflection of the work done by Dr. Wheatcroft and his team. I would never wish that sort of procedure on anyone, but having a talented, caring surgeon makes a tremendous difference.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Wheatcroft is knowledgeable and kind. He is a perfectionist. His efficient manner is just fine - because his work is SO good.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015