Ratings for Dr. Elaine F. Kung

professional, but over charged and did nothing to the problem at all

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Wow! What improvements a year can make. I had the opposite experience as the previous reviewers. I was a referral who walked in and was seen within 30 minutes (as the receptionist had determined). Alarmed by the sudden rupture of my eczema, I was anxious and worried. Mindy Chan, Dr. Kung's assistant, met with me first and was very throrough, after patiently listening to my concerns. I started to feel confident that some relief was on its way. When Dr. Kung arrived, she did have on gloves and completely and patiently examined my eczema situation. Yes, she did examine my skin with touch. She was quite professional and discussed the various forms to manage my plight. I have a follow-up visit in 2 weeks and I hope it will go as well as today's.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Kung. If I could give her a rating of zero I would. I went in for a few concerns about acne as well as some eczema on my arms. Dr. Kung assessed my face from about 4 feet away after walking in without saying a word. She told her assistant to prescribe me Accutane. My acne isn't that bad (non-cystic) and when I asked if there were any other options I could try before going to Accutane, she replied to me (first time she spoke directly to me by the way) that Accutane was the only option and if I didn't want to try it, my face was just not going to get better. Okay... She then started to leave the room, and I asked (to her quickly departing figure) if she could look at the cream on my arms as well. Without turning around she said to try Aquaphor and kept walking. I have never had a worse experience at a doctor's office - Dr. Kung was rude, cold, dismissive, holier-than-though, and worst of all didn't seem knowledgeable at all. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I was unpleasantly surprised that a medical 'professional' with such high credentials would behave in such a rude, condescending, unprofessional manner. Kung has no bedside manners, especially with young children. I took my son there as per our pediatricians suggestion to check out his extreme eczema condition. When we (my less than 18 month old son & I) arrived in her office, she didn't have gloves on, told me to assist in holding his penis and pushing back the foreskin so she could assess his condition (from a standing distance). I'm not looking to be buddy buddy with a doctor, however, I was an extremely worried mother who wanted to help her child. She also repeatedly spoke to my son as if he was 3 or older (You're so noisy and loud, why are you behaving like that, no one is hurting you, you need to quiet down). I can't even refer to her as a Dr. in this review because I don't feel she's earned it (as a human being, not whether she has the degrees to prove it)!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

This is my first time seeing Dr. Kung, she was nice and professional and her assistant was very helpful. I only gave it a 3 stars because the office was dirty. There's garbages on the floor in the waiting area..the roll of paper that covers the chair in on the floor (don't know how that suppose to keep chair clean when the paper itself is dirty to start with)...receptionist was horrible!! No manners, talking on personal cellphone in front of patients..didn't offer help when I approached, I waited for her for like 15mins!! And I had to talk to the top of her head...Overall, I would see Dr. Kung again, but maybe when she gets a cleaner office and nicer staff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Elaine F. Kung's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

GHI