Ratings for Dr. Thomas Yu

My implant was a breeze and I didn’t feel a thing. I even gave back the Ibuprofen he prescribed. I will not trust another one in my mouth as much as him. He’s by far the kindest, most competent, talented, and caring doctor I have ever met. And I’ve met a lot of docs!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

I have seen Dr Yu and his team for the last seven years and he and his staff have been nothing short of exceptional. He’s one of the good ones out there (you can tell he actually gives a dang!). Both my wife and I think he’s the best doc we have ever met.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2019

After 4 visits, what stands out is the rudeness and underprofessionalism of Dr. Yu's reception staff. Two appointments were changed without my knowledge. The first time I called to confirm my appointment and found out about the change but the second appointment was a quick "no charge" follow-up that I didn't call to confirm. When I arrived for my scheduled appointment, I was told they moved my appointment back one hour and per their notes they left me a message. I did not get the message they left per their notes. I feel as though if you're going to makes changes to a patients appointment, you should be sure that they know, their time is just as valuable as yours.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Dr. Yu has one of the longest waiting times in the city. And there’s no surprise why. He is a caring individual who delivers absolute care with a calm persona. I would never hesitate to recommend him as your periodontist.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Made a feared experience into a non issue! Highly recommend Dr. Yu.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

I was nervous but Thomas has a calm personality and soothing voice. I felt comfortable with him and surgery was easy. Staff is great too, and my only complaint is it was hard to find the parking lot!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

What a wonderful doctor! His hands are exquisite. He is a concert pianist too! I trust him any day in my mouth and I have recommended him to all my friends. The biggest standing ovation!!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I had an extraction and an implant, along with a temporary crown all done in one day. I am very satisfied with my treatment and have felt no pain. Thank you, Dr. Yu, I see I’m not the only one who wants to give you 5 stars.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

As a dental phobe, I was pretty anxious when I first saw Dr Yu for two gum grafts. However, he is a real gem - professional, caring, efficient. The grafts went off without incident and with minor discomfort. I have recently seen him again for another issue. He diagnosed the problem quickly and gave me options for treatment. Highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr Yu installed my FIRST and only implant. He had a very NICE bedside manner and explained what would happen very clearly. He was very fast and methodical and focused when he worked on installing my peg. The insertion took maximum 10 minutes. He was very agile with his fingers, so when I found out he was a professional pianist I was not at all surprised. Dr. Yu also gave me very clear instructions on how to clean and floss my implant to prevent infection. He also gave me antibiotics to ensure I did not get an infection in the area and prescribed Peridex oral rinse which worked fabulously. My implant healed very nicely. I have had several dentists compliment my implant and ask who did the great job. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Yu. to anyone who needs an implant. The man is very competent and very professional and also very nice to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018