Ratings for Dr. Thomas Yu

Dr Yu installed my FIRST and only implant. He had a very NICE bedside manner and explained what would happen very clearly. He was very fast and methodical and focused when he worked on installing my peg. The insertion took maximum 10 minutes. He was very agile with his fingers, so when I found out he was a professional pianist I was not at all surprised. Dr. Yu also gave me very clear instructions on how to clean and floss my implant to prevent infection. He also gave me antibiotics to ensure I did not get an infection in the area and prescribed Peridex oral rinse which worked fabulously. My implant healed very nicely. I have had several dentists compliment my implant and ask who did the great job. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Yu. to anyone who needs an implant. The man is very competent and very professional and also very nice to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I cannot say enough great thing about Dr. Yu. He so caring and has full attention on you only. Many thanks to you for pain fre extraction and implant, Dr. Yu.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Can’t say enough about this guy, he’s a real gem. I saw him many years ago (awesome implants!) and when I had to come back for another issue, he didn’t charge me for his exam. I’m so thankful for his work - he’s really fast and also confident and reassuring. And best of all...no pain!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Excellent doctor. Exceptional experience from the staff to Dr. Yu. Was available to assist me with a dental question over the holidays too without delay. I am a physician and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Very bad and not good. Expensive and the dr. was not caring and his ego was just horrible.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

My dentist said he was the best periodontist in the city. Helpful doc, and professional from the start. My surgery was a breeze - he doesn't mess around! I was very fortunate to be referred to such a talented doc. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

He's the best. Absolutely trust him. Thank you for all your help.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

After seeing two different periodontists and having three failed gum grafts, I was referred to Dr. Yu for help. From the first moment I could tell he cared about me. He was professional and intelligent, and even made me laugh during surgery. Dr. Yu was successful in his surgery - and no pain or problems afterwards. His office followed up with a call the next day which was a pleasant surprise. Since then I have been back twice for free follow ups and all is well. Thank you, Dr. Yu!!...I would recommend him 100%

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I am glad some people are happy with Dr. Yu. I was referred for a gum issue. When I walked into the office, I was struck by the richness of appointments. I feared that I would be paying for that and I was not wrong. I was charged 50% over the approved Blue Cross rate for a consultation. And here is the kicker. After 10 minutes of talk and probing around Dr. Yu said he could not answer the question for which I had been referred to a periodontist!! I was referred to another dentist and for 25% of Dr. Yu's consulting fee the second specialist gave me a diagnosis and course of action in two minutes. Everything has been fine since that time. Dr. Yu's visit was the first time I ever left a dentist's office feeling that I had not been treated professionally or ethically. So, check you bank account and credit limit and good luck to you.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Yu is so efficient and personable. He knows what he is doing and is very fast, which I think is important when you have your mouth wide open. No jaw ache, no pain. Just brilliant

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017