You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Thomas Yu

Dr.Yu is perhaps the best medical professional I have ever had. After my treatment I was having gum issues so he offered to open his office to see me well into the evening hours. I also appreciate Dr. Yu's practice in that he will keep seeing you until your 100% satisfied. The location of his office is also convenient.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I went for a crown lengthening with Dr. Yu and he was absolutely amazing! There were a few options for me to consider before he went ahead with the procedure and he carefully outlined the pros and cons. We decided to go ahead and he froze me up and began. He used his scalpel to get rid of excess gum tissue and at the end had me look it over. There were a couple tweaks I wanted and he was more than happy to go back in and take a bit more off of a couple teeth. I am now healing and will be back in two weeks to have a bit more taken off of my front two teeth but Dr. Yu wants them to heal first and for me to get used to the new look. I am excited to go back in two weeks for final revisions and to see how it all heals! It's already a huge difference in my smile! Next step, veneers!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Words cannot explain how good this doctor is, worth every penny. I had two extractions and three implants to put on, he was done in one hour and what a job. I didn't feel anything, and even after when usually it hurts, even the niddle didn't. I didn't feelanything that an ibuprofen cannot solve. He is so kind and explains everything, it makes you feel comfortable. His staff is also very good and extrimely polite. I will recommand Dr. Yu to everyone that needs this type of treatment. Well done!! Thank you Dr. Yu

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I had a complicated molar extraction and two implants performed by Dr. Yu. He offered exceptional skill and chair side manner; his staff were fully competent, and the price was right! I keenly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Doctor Yu has been extremely professional and also very personable and humble personality so I felt comfortable being on his chair as a patient. He accepted to do implants for my left and right side at once and operation was successful.. Now with addition of the crowns I got six teeth and completely got rid of partials. I feel graeat because of that. Prior to first visit to dr Yu I have visited two other periodontists and both have said that I have bones none and that they can not do envy thing about that, but they can pull out my existing teeth ( which are not good quality ) and replace them with implants. Than I have turned to Dr. Yu and he did exceptional job, first did bone grafting then put implants and simly that was outstanding performance.. I highly recommend this periodontist and it is my pleasure to be his patient.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I chose not to return to the big practice I when to the last time I needed an extraction and implant. It was too impersonal and customer service was almost non-existent. Dr. Yu's office is just the opposite. Where I always had to wait at least half an hour at the big practice, I have been to Dr. Yu's office twice now and both times they actually took in early. I'm very impressed so far with everything.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I just left Dr. Yu's office for a followup 2 weeks after having dental implant surgery. What I valued was Dr. Yu's proficiency and kindness. Although I was quite reluctant to have this surgery for a number of reasons, I am glad that I went ahead with it. Dr. Yu's skill and approach made a huge difference to my comfort level.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Yu is kind, intelligent, and has a very good bedside manner. He is a perfectionist and goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and that you get the best results. The staff were nice as well and his assistant Loretta was helpful and willing to answer my many questions.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Excellent periodontist. I had a gum graft and three implants with no issue. He is intelligent and caring, and his office checked the next day to see how I was doing. My dentist said he is one of the best periodontist and I agree. Svetlana

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

I will never go back to Dr. Yu again. He chose not to medicate me when he performed my gum graft surgery. Two days after the surgery, I complained about abnormal pain and swelling; he told me that everything was normal. Five days later, I couldn't sleep at night. My face was so swollen that my 6-year old cried when she looked at me. I couldn't take my kids to school. I couldn't go outside. I called Dr. Yu again and told him that I thought I had an infection. He didn't give me antibiotics, he gave me pills for the swelling. He went out of town and I went to see his colleague, who finally gave me antibiotics 7 days after the surgery. The infection had firmly taken hold. The first course of antibiotics wasn't enough to get rid of it. They manually punctured the area twice over a 2-week period and tried squeezing out the infection to reduce the swelling. When Dr. Yu did prescribe a 2nd round of antibiotics, he never checked the dosage that I had been on and prescribed a higher dosage without warning me of the risks involved. I could have wound up with more complications and a different kind of infection had I not discussed the risks with the pharmacist. I've had a lump in my cheek for more than a month now. I was taking 20 pills / day while I was trying to beat the infection. Dr. Yu did nothing about it and was negligent when he finally did act. Always ready to ask me how I was doing by phone and tell me to ride it through. He gave lipservice, all the while he was completely incompetent at dealing with the situation at hand. I wouldn't refer this guy to anyone. Being young and cocky doesn't not give you the right to experiment with patients.

Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. Thomas Yu's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Yu is perhaps the best medical professional I have ever had. After my treatment I was having gum issues so he offered to open his office to see me well into ..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went for a crown lengthening with Dr. Yu and he was absolutely amazing! There were a few options for me to consider before he went ahead with the procedure an..."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words cannot explain how good this doctor is, worth every penny. I had two extractions and three implants to put on, he was done in one hour and what a job. I d..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a complicated molar extraction and two implants performed by Dr. Yu. He offered exceptional skill and chair side manner; his staff were fully competent, ..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Yu has been extremely professional and also very personable and humble personality so I felt comfortable being on his chair as a patient. He accepted to..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose not to return to the big practice I when to the last time I needed an extraction and implant. It was too impersonal and customer service was almost non..."

July 24, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2R 1M6". Address has been updated from "None" to "None Suite 1007-1333 8 St SW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032282059".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just left Dr. Yu's office for a followup 2 weeks after having dental implant surgery. What I valued was Dr. Yu's proficiency and kindness. Although I was qui..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yu is kind, intelligent, and has a very good bedside manner. He is a perfectionist and goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and that you g..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent periodontist. I had a gum graft and three implants with no issue. He is intelligent and caring, and his office checked the next day to see how I was d..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I will never go back to Dr. Yu again. He chose not to medicate me when he performed my gum graft surgery. Two days after the surgery, I complained about abnor..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had 2 tooth implants performed by Dr. Yu. He is one of the best doctor I have ever seen; and I have seen many doctors (most of the doctors are not good)...."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely dislike going to the dentist (as most people do) but seeing Dr.Yu makes it sooooo much easier. He makes you feel like you are important, wants you..."

October 31, 2014