Ratings for Alan Chan

Dr. Chan was the only doctor who recognized my PTSD and helped me get my life back after so many years.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I went to Dr.Chan when I thought I had no hope. I thought that no one could ever help me. I had been misdiagnosed for years and he gave me an answer during the assessment. Dr.Chan helped me with my OCD and I couldn't be more greatful. I would or commend him to any one of my friends or family. Don't suffer in silence trust me he can help you. Without him I would be in a different space. He saved my sanity and my relationships. I saw him once a week for awhile and within 10 sessions it was at once a month now I'm going for follow-ups as a refresher in CBT techniques so that I keep on track. Please reach out to him if you need help. I can nnever thank him enough for the answers he provided. I am in law enforcement and the work is challenging enough without struggling with OCD.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Truly..... 1000 characters is not enough space to even begin to explain how much this man has done towards helping my husband in his recovery with PTSD. My husband was diagnosed and treated for PTSD at Homewood Healthcare Centre. He completed that program but needed further therapy. My husband is in his 26th year of policing and now is hopeful that he will survive to his retirement date. Thanks again Dr. Chan.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Awesome experience, he guided me in the right direction in much troubled times. I had a lot of work to do, but every day I get better, and he has a lot to do with it. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the spending time with me, and helping me.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

Dr. Chan was very helpful at a time in my life that I couldn't cope with the outside world. I work for a bussing company and I was assulted by a passanger and fouund myself unable to leave my house, not even to go out onto my front porch. I went to Dr. Chan through a program from my employer and through the sessions with him he showed me how to move past my fears. I am able to drive my car anywhere I would like or something as small as going for a walk by myself and not feel the fear that once locked me into my house for over 2 mths. He is a very compassionate man who cares about his patients. If you feel the need for someone to help you or just need someone to talk to Dr. Chan is very soft spoken and knowlegable Dr. I highly recomend him for without him I'm sure I would be locked in my house falling deeper and deeper into the never ending black hole that parlalized me. Louise

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Chan is the one person who gave me a different perspective to my problems. He helped me move from a highly emotional to more practical a mind frame. I strongly recommend him. In my opinion he is the BEST.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012