Ratings for Dr. Jillian Macdonald

My daughter developed alopecia and Dr. Macdonald was absolutely amazing. This can be a very stressful diagnosis, particularly to a young woman. I researched and and found Dr. Macdonald, and found her to be absolutely wonderful. She is extremely knowledgeable and was willing to consult with another specialist I knew. She administered what can be very painful treatments in a compassionate, gentle and professional manner. She went well out of her way and beyond what one might normally expect, when my daughter had to leave the country and Dr. Macdonald agreed to work with me as the intermediary. This meant that I was writing her detailed regular reports and she was requesting feedback while my daughter was in another country. She monitored her progress and communicated with me and I am SO grateful for her care - when I know full well she wasn't being paid if my daughter wasn't visiting her office. Although the problem was difficult to resolve, she adjusted her treatment several times and my daughter has made a full recovery. She also made a recommendation to another doctor in response to my request regarding my other daughter - and we were extremely happy with the results. I have rarely seen a doctor go beyond the expected - and one who was willing to work closely with me under unusual circumstances despite the fact that my daughter is in her twenties! Absolutely wonderful doctor - can't say enough about how grateful I am to have found her!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

IMO - a fantastic doctor! Listens to your concerns and addresses them. She and her team did a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Please do your research before you have anything done at the MOHs clinic with Dr Macdonald and her team. The outcome for me not a positive experience. Know that MOHs plastic surgery "techniques" for reconstruction are not always what you would expect in such a specialized clinic in 2016. While I'm sure there are good results mine was very disappointing

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Saw this doctor today, waited 2 and a half hours to see her. Was not worth the wait, absolutely ridiculous. She was very matter of fact, no warmth, and had just come back from holidays. The front end staff were just as bad, if not worse. One admitted to me that patients were showing up an hour late, which made Dr. McDonald run late. Why did you not tell them to come back. When I was trying to purchase face cream, still had to wait. I paid for this appointment out of my own pocket and waited 2.5 hours, I feel like a fool.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Saw Dr Jillian in December and honestly I was expecting more. They were late taking me 30mins at least. Met with her for a skin condition. Took honestly 7 mins. Prescribed me 2 meds. 1 I didn't even need. The other was for 10 days. I received no plan long term for my condition. Just here take this. I normally don't rate ppl but like I said I was expecting more from this doctor. And as the staff were answering phones one receptionist made a comment about someone calling to her co worker. Not cool.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Very grateful and happy to receive great care from Dr. Macdonald and staff. We are lucky to have this clinic.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Wonderful doctor and staff who do their best to make the process as stress-free as possible.. Takes the time to explain procedures and follow-up matters. Surgical procedures are extremely efficient.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Very grateful for the care Dr Macdonald provided and for the time she took to explain everything and answer my concerns. I had an advanced skin cancer on my nose which had not been treated effectively - through the Mohs surgery provided by Dr Macdonald I am now cancer free.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr. Jillian Macdonald's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a Royal College-certified dermatologist and Co-Director at The Ottawa Clinic, I offer patients a variety of medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology treatments and procedures. I am particularly passionate about educating the public on sun protection and have a focus in anti-aging and skin rejuvenation. I completed fellowship training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology at the University of British Columbia and enjoy giving educational lectures on subjects related to Mohs Micrographic surgery, skin cancer, and anti-aging. In addition to being an Associate Professor in the Division of Dermatology at the University of Ottawa, I am also an Associate Member of the American College of Mohs Surgery and a board member of the Canadian Society for Dermatologic Surgery. With a global approach to skin care, I utilize evidence-based treatments and technical expertise to help my patients maintain the overall appearance and health of their skin.

• Universit√© d'Ottawa University of Ottawa