Dr. Jillian Macdonald

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jillian Macdonald

Dr Jillian MacDonald is an outstanding doctor who is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. I was diagnosed with Basal Cell Carcinoma and facing a long wait to be seen. I was elated to be offered an appointment for Moh’s surgery due to a cancellation. The procedure was explained thoroughly by Dr MacDonald and her staff. They ensured I was comfortable throughout the process. We are very fortunate to have a Mohs clinic in Ottawa. A big thank you to everyone for their efficiency and concern. It made the whole process so much easier.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

The staff is extremely professional and Dr. McDonald is excellent. In for Mohs for SCC, Dr. McDonald explained everything she was going to do, executed it all with skill and confidence while always keeping me as comfortable as possible. Follow up appointment was also an A+ experience.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I think those people who rated less than 4 stars did not read the articles on what the Mohs procedure is all about. otherwise they would not have complained about the time it took. I found the staff to be professional first and friendly second. Dr. McDonald was excellent. She spent her time explaining what she was doing or about to do during the procedure. I was essentially there for the day and felt my experience was a good one, considering. The one thing I thought was a good comment from Dr. McDonald was, you come into the clinic with cancer and you leave with a scar. Not bad for a problem disease.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr. Macdonald treated me for skin cancer (squamous cell carcinoma) at the Mohs Surgery Clinic. I found her and her staff to be knowledgeable and efficient, from the consultation visit through to the actual surgery. The clinic staff were kind and considerate each time I was there. Dr. Macdonald thoroughly explained the procedure to me during the consultation visit and answered all the questions that I had. She was friendly and engaging during the surgery, and her skill as a surgeon is amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Macdonald and the Mohs Surgery Clinic.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

She can be off on knowledge, comes across as her opinion is all there is.... and your an idiot if the challenge her opinions . Second opinions can be helpful, but she will drop you like a lead balloon. There is usually a wait time in any clinic. Giving the nature of her practice I do not mind waiting if it's helping others in need. She just needs to respect that getting a second opinion is a right, after all it is my body that I have to live with.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Saw this doctor today, waited 1,5 hours to see the doctor. They didn't even say sorry for the wait.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. MacDonald treated me for skin cancer, fortunately not melanoma. Her professionalism, kindness, thorough explanations, friendly interest in her patient were excellent. I had the feeling that she was competent and cared. I'm blessed in that the cancer is gone. I strongly recommend Dr. MacDonald.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My daughter developed alopecia and Dr. Macdonald was absolutely amazing. This can be a very stressful diagnosis, particularly to a young woman. I researched and and found Dr. Macdonald, and found her to be absolutely wonderful. She is extremely knowledgeable and was willing to consult with another specialist I knew. She administered what can be very painful treatments in a compassionate, gentle and professional manner. She went well out of her way and beyond what one might normally expect, when my daughter had to leave the country and Dr. Macdonald agreed to work with me as the intermediary. This meant that I was writing her detailed regular reports and she was requesting feedback while my daughter was in another country. She monitored her progress and communicated with me and I am SO grateful for her care - when I know full well she wasn't being paid if my daughter wasn't visiting her office. Although the problem was difficult to resolve, she adjusted her treatment several times and my daughter has made a full recovery. She also made a recommendation to another doctor in response to my request regarding my other daughter - and we were extremely happy with the results. I have rarely seen a doctor go beyond the expected - and one who was willing to work closely with me under unusual circumstances despite the fact that my daughter is in her twenties! Absolutely wonderful doctor - can't say enough about how grateful I am to have found her!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

IMO - a fantastic doctor! Listens to your concerns and addresses them. She and her team did a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Please do your research before you have anything done at the MOHs clinic with Dr Macdonald and her team. The outcome for me not a positive experience. Know that MOHs plastic surgery "techniques" for reconstruction are not always what you would expect in such a specialized clinic in 2016. While I'm sure there are good results mine was very disappointing

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Jillian Macdonald's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

As a Royal College-certified dermatologist and Co-Director at The Ottawa Clinic, I offer patients a variety of medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology treatments and procedures. I am particularly passionate about educating the public on sun protection and have a focus in anti-aging and skin rejuvenation. I completed fellowship training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology at the University of British Columbia and enjoy giving educational lectures on subjects related to Mohs Micrographic surgery, skin cancer, and anti-aging. In addition to being an Associate Professor in the Division of Dermatology at the University of Ottawa, I am also an Associate Member of the American College of Mohs Surgery and a board member of the Canadian Society for Dermatologic Surgery. With a global approach to skin care, I utilize evidence-based treatments and technical expertise to help my patients maintain the overall appearance and health of their skin.

• Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa