Ratings for Dr. Marcia K. Newsom

Dr. Newsom will take as much time as you need her to go over your medical problems. She is willing to cooperate with any specialist you see to get certain testing done. Those are all wonderful qualities to have in a primary care physician. However, I don’t think she always has good places to send patients when they really have problems because it’s hard to find good specialists for certain problems in CNY. She also typically leaves it up to me to decide what treatments I want to pursue. This makes me feel a certain level of freedom in my decisions, but it also sometimes makes me feel not directed enough. I’ve been a little annoyed at her staff at times for not following through with certain requests. As an example, they tried to tell me that my insurance wouldn’t cover birth control for Endometriosis if I didn’t have an official diagnosis. That wasn’t true at all, and I had to call multiple times to finally get them to call my insurance and get my request approved.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

She has been our GPS for many years. Yes, there may be more wait time than others, but when you are with her, you have her 100%. She is an excellent diagnostician, and truly cares about each patient. I trust her with my life...she has saved it more than once!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Terrible wait time, staff not friendly (not the nurses, they were great) If you have anything but a cold, see someone else.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Marcia K. Newsom's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Assurant