Ratings for Dr. Judith Shapiro

If you care about depression sufferers, I'd assess this person as misleading and patient-hostile, as recent searches and my experience showed. I was referred by my family doctor, who knew I needed a psychiatrist to determine if I needed antidepressants. (By law, only psychiatrists can write prescriptions and bill OHIP.) Visit 1: she tried to give me landlord and tenant legal advice; I had to repeat that I had a lawyer before she'd stop. Visit 2: I revealed my son's roommate had made a suicide attempt, and she immediately urged me to counsel my son to evict him. I reminded her about human rights law, so she tried to backpedal and make excuses. In both visits she insisted that I give her my past meds history, so she could assess and prescribe. 6-12 months later her admin called, unequivocably lying that there were 2 Dr. Shapiros, same specialty, working in that building. She always testifies against patients (as legal records at canlii.org attest) and her Linked In profile is revealing.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014