Ratings for Dr. Chris Chong

Dr. Chong spent a long time going over blood thining choices with me. I ended up not choosing his recommendation, but he didn't get mad, said he understood my choice, and kept seeing me. I liked him for that.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Chong is a very caring and professional physician. He dedicates himself to ensuring his patients receive the best treatment plan for their current medical issue. He has a wonderful sense of humor and I would recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Did these people with the bad comments about dr. Chris get the right doctor? He was kind, caring, diligent, meticulous, and to top it off, funny. I had a stroke and then I saw him at the hospital stroke clinic. He even called me at HOME afterwards to check up on my medication. Where would you ever find a doctor like that these days? He's tops and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

My fiancée was unfortunate enough to have been left in his care over a weekend while in Oshawa hospital. She was experiencing what ended up being hemiplegic migraines - the symptoms of which mimic a stroke - and she was repeatedly losing feeling and movement on the left side of her body. Because the test results did not show that she was having a stroke, he felt this was all in her head. While under his care, the nursing staff were instructed not to help her physically - even after she fell and began convulsing. When I insisted that he come to explain himself, he initially refused only to arrive when matters escalated. His first action was to take her left index finger and bend it backwards. When she didn't react (her eyes couldn't open at this point) he bent it further back until it reached her wrist causing a sharp pain in her head and causing her to scream - to which he smiled and said "oh good, you can feel that." There were three witnesses to this disgusting treatment. Worst!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Approachable, professional, highly knowledgeable yet doesn't talk "above you". A good doc definitely. Met him when I was in the hospital with mild pains in my chest. I was having a mild heart attack! I was definitely scared but I was comforted knowing I was in good hands. Highly impressed by his empathy and non-jugmental manner. Instead of standing at the doorway, he asked to sit on the edge of my bed to listen to an answer my questions. No doubt he had a lot of patients to care for but he took the time to listen to me. At first glance, he is so young appearing you would think he was a student but he clearly has a lot experience

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

I went to emergency room coughing up blood. Not in my wildest dreams did i think I had cnacer because i'm not that old. I was totally devestated. the only positive experience I had was the nurses were great and Dr. Chong was really kind to me. He wnet out of his way to anwser my questions and my husband's questions. He would pull up a chair to talk to us. Most doctors try to finish up with you as soon as they can. He had a very gentle and unrushed way. He explained things in a simple way. I shared a room with another patient and he treated him in the same nice way. He is the kind of doctor that cares. He always smiled even though he was probably really tired. My husband and I are so glad it was him that took care of me because it was such a hard time for us. God bless him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Wonderful bedside manner. Incredibly caring individual. Highly knowledgeable. I was admitted with an emergency and he immediately put me at ease. Wish all doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

This Doctor has no bedside manner whatsoever. He seemed nice until I told him that the tests he wanted to do had all been done. He became belligerant very quickly! He asked no questions about my medical history and told me urinatiing is a common cause of fainting! When I told him I needed the tests because my driver's license had been revoked....his comment was..."It's not like you're driving a truck" When I explained that I drive to clients all day he repeated his sentiment! He refused to work in co-operation with my family Dr. and Heart specialist and stated that if I wanted the tests sent there it was up to the Doctors to call him with their requests! He also took a phone call in the middle of my appt. without showing any respect or caring at all. I do not feel safe with this Doctor now, I am certain he does not have my best interests at heart. I would not recommend this Doctor and am shocked he is able to treat patients this way...I even had a friend with me who witnessed this.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012