Ratings for Dr. Florence Cheng

I have been seeing Dr Cheng for 4 years now. She was new at the clinic when I desperately needed to change Drs. My old Dr ignored my complaints for two yrs and the second I saw her, I felt listened too and cared about. My file was a mess and she took the time for us to go over what ACTUAL medications from my file I currently taking, she cleared up some point form notes my old Dr had that would not make sense for any walk in Dr to see, she got me referrals right away to the specialists I needed to be seeing. Dr Cheng always makes sure to give me any medications or options that will work for me, not pushing samples of the latest drug. She has actually said that not enough is know about the latest medication and will give me something known to be safe. Her paperwork for my referrals has really helped specialists get a clear view of what has been going on with me. I like her rather to be safe than sorry approach with tests. Her clinic is always reminding me to book my yearly physical as well. The staff is friendly there, but not on the ball that much. But Dr Cheng herself I am glad to have!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

if you are in HER MIND...in the Dr.MIND...drug seeking..even if you know its necessary, you have a history, never properly weened off...she will go on the computer and look up everything...and come to her conclusions without looking or talking..you have to do the talking....then she responds to the computer let me ask you....does she us the COMPUTER ...for ALL Her Patients....Scouring all their prescriptions...while deleting yours...she is over prescribing ,,and even going a step too far ' I won't say now..till I have my appointment..but....I have had very unprofessional, unethical treatment...while others have been having great appointments..cus SHE IS OVER PRESCRIBING... SO SURE..THE ONES SHE UNDER..AND THE ONES SHEOVER PRESCRIBES ARE CLASHING NOW

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Cheng a great doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. High recommendations from someone who works in the hospital.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

She has been my family doctor for a couple years. As a young family physician, she has been working quite hard as I observed. I do understand that it is not comparable when it comes to a young female physician, it needs time to build up the experience, knowledge etc. I definitely recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Listened attentively and requested specialist appointments as necessary, which lead to a whirlwind. Very knowledgeable and understanding.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

She is a very bad doctor, not careful, not detail oriented, just indifferent and not interested in your health. Don't expect her to read your medical history, ask you vital questions and suggest specialists or tests. You will end up suggesting things to her, while she says "I'm not sure".

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Cheng for a few years now and have grown to really like her. She listens to me and doesn't make quick judgments on what may be going on without getting the whole story. She has a good sense of humour and makes me feel comfortable when I go see her. I like that she will think about what I said, and sometimes have to check the computer to make sure she is giving me the correct information. I don't find her arrogant as some doctors I have had in the past, and she believes me when I say something hurts. I really like her and feel lucky that I got her as a physician

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

A sad disappointment as she made me feel neurotic after reporting a variety of symptoms that are typical with treatment. Her staff is also very immature. I will be looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I decided to find a family doctor two years ago and found Dr. Cheng, she was a new doctor at the clinic and I was relieved to have found one accepting new patients. She is a pleasant person but her knowledge is lacking. She doesn't ask probing questions so therefore can't provide answers. I went to her for a procedure and she did a sketchy job. The problem came back months later and it was as though nothing was done to correct it. It was very disappointing. Now, I am looking for another family doctor again.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

My friend suggested Dr. Cheng, but I was hesitant after reading the conflicted reviews here. When I called Dominion to book an appointment, the staff booked me with the WRONG doctor. Apparently there is also a Dr. Chin and Dr. Tsang. The names sound similar and none of them have business cards, so I didn't even know I was seeing the wrong doctor until asked for the first name. After ANOTHER month of waiting since the staff messed up, I finally got to see Dr. Cheng. She is great with my kids - which is nice since they hate going to the doctor. There are some things she has to look up on the computer, so I only give her 4/5 for knowledge. But I guess I'd rather have her look it up and be 100% sure. Only doctor I've ever seen who is usually on time (not an hour late like most docs).

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015