Ratings for Dr. Florence Cheng

After years of frustration with GPs I started seeing Dr. Cheng as my family doctor. She referred me to appropriate specialists and addressed all of my concerns without downplaying them. I'm very grateful to have found her, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a professional, courteous and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

I have beening seeing Dr Cheng as my family Dr for quite some time now. I have nothing but good things to say about her. She has always taken the time to listen to all my concerns and has even helped me get off of some medications as well.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Cheng for 4 years now. She was new at the clinic when I desperately needed to change Drs. My old Dr ignored my complaints for two yrs and the second I saw her, I felt listened too and cared about. My file was a mess and she took the time for us to go over what ACTUAL medications from my file I currently taking, she cleared up some point form notes my old Dr had that would not make sense for any walk in Dr to see, she got me referrals right away to the specialists I needed to be seeing. Dr Cheng always makes sure to give me any medications or options that will work for me, not pushing samples of the latest drug. She has actually said that not enough is know about the latest medication and will give me something known to be safe. Her paperwork for my referrals has really helped specialists get a clear view of what has been going on with me. I like her rather to be safe than sorry approach with tests. Her clinic is always reminding me to book my yearly physical as well. The staff is friendly there, but not on the ball that much. But Dr Cheng herself I am glad to have!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Cheng a great doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. High recommendations from someone who works in the hospital.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

She has been my family doctor for a couple years. As a young family physician, she has been working quite hard as I observed. I do understand that it is not comparable when it comes to a young female physician, it needs time to build up the experience, knowledge etc. I definitely recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Listened attentively and requested specialist appointments as necessary, which lead to a whirlwind. Very knowledgeable and understanding.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

She is a very bad doctor, not careful, not detail oriented, just indifferent and not interested in your health. Don't expect her to read your medical history, ask you vital questions and suggest specialists or tests. You will end up suggesting things to her, while she says "I'm not sure".

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Cheng for a few years now and have grown to really like her. She listens to me and doesn't make quick judgments on what may be going on without getting the whole story. She has a good sense of humour and makes me feel comfortable when I go see her. I like that she will think about what I said, and sometimes have to check the computer to make sure she is giving me the correct information. I don't find her arrogant as some doctors I have had in the past, and she believes me when I say something hurts. I really like her and feel lucky that I got her as a physician

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

A sad disappointment as she made me feel neurotic after reporting a variety of symptoms that are typical with treatment. Her staff is also very immature. I will be looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I decided to find a family doctor two years ago and found Dr. Cheng, she was a new doctor at the clinic and I was relieved to have found one accepting new patients. She is a pleasant person but her knowledge is lacking. She doesn't ask probing questions so therefore can't provide answers. I went to her for a procedure and she did a sketchy job. The problem came back months later and it was as though nothing was done to correct it. It was very disappointing. Now, I am looking for another family doctor again.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015