Ratings for Dr. Bradley T. Horak

I can't speak to others' experience, but mint was quite positive. I saw Dr. Horak for a broken wrist. He was attentive, punctual, patient, and quite competent. He explained everything, did the surgery, which has healed wonderfully. I found him to be excellent. Never an unreasonable wait.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I sadly have to agree with all of the reviews here, particularly the ones about Dr. Horak. He was extremely unhelpful and didn't seem at all interested in finding a solution to my problems. Futhermore, his bedside manner was horrendous...he gave vague explanations of my conditions and how I should proceed. When I asked him questions to get a better understanding, he seemed aggravated and kept saying, 'like I said before...' I don't expect my doctors to cradle me in their arms, but a little empathy would be nice. Instead, I was treated with very little regard, or respect for that matter, for my well-being. After three visits to his office, I am still unsure of how to fix the problems I am having with my wrist/hand. I cannot express enough how disheartening this experience was.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I made an appointment with Dr. Horak for follow-up of badly cut finger that had been stitched. Dr. Horak's staff insisted upon x-rays of the finger on 2 visits, and billed Medicare and me $85. for each set of x-rays. Also, Dr. Horak did not bandage the finger after he looked at it, but sent me across the street to an occupational therapist. So many additional ways to charge the patient and the insurance!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

Today was my long awaited appointment with Dr.Horak. This was my first time meeting him. I was up all last night with a child with croup but I made my way from Princeton NJ to Manhattan. It took an hour and 1/2. Since I was going to be in the city I made another appointment with another doctor. I assumed two hours between appointments would be long enough. I arrived 20 minutes early to fill out the paper work. 1 hour and 15 minutes after my appointment I inquired at the desk of the delay. The woman said he liked to spend time with his patients. I asked "so this is normal?" "Yes." "so if continue with him I'll always wait like this?" She was extraordinarily rude. I asked why he doesn't schedule fewer appointments if there is always a multiple hour wait. Rudeness in return. I asked for the papers I filled out and I left - I was not going to miss my other appointment. Is Dr. Horak the only person who is busy is this world? I wasted a day with him. Clearly GREED is his motivator.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I arrived on time for my appointment and was made to wait for TWO AND A HALF HOURS before being called in. When I inquired as to what was taking so long, the receptionist said "I don't know what's happening back there and I don't know how much longer it's going to be." When I was finally called in to an examination room, I explained my frustration to Dr. Horak, and his only response was "Well this is a doctor's office, not a restaurant, and you're being unreasonable." I was appalled at this response. I asked for a manager or supervisor's information so that I could submit a formal complaint and Dr. Horak told me "You can submit it to whoever you want, but it will never get read." It just seems ridiculous to me that I waited 2.5 hours to be seen for an appointment that took less than 3 minutes, and was told by a DOCTOR that my complaints were unreasonable. I would not recommend this doctor or this office to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013