Dr. Richard J. Restifo

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Restifo

My wife had a tummy tuck with liposuction and we are both absolutely thrilled with Dr. Restifo and his team. They took excellent care of my wife during her pre-operative evaluation, during the procedure, and have been exceptional during the six months since. We highly recommend this team and have referred several of our friends.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I have received exceptional care with Dr. Restifo and all of his staff members. They are truly the best around, and I would highly recommend this practice to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I'm a women of 58 years old and was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. Dr. J. Restifo was one of the Reconstructive Breast surgeons on the list to choose from at Smillow Breast center. It was about a year to finally finish with surgery healing and recovery. I feel so Blessed to have chosen the right surgeon. Dr. Restifo is to me the most talented and gifted surgeon in his field! He is compassionate and a caring doctor! Dr. Restifo takes all the time you need to answer all your concerns. Always kind and never rushes through your appointments. I have to say I feel completely whole in mind and spirit with the beautiful work that he did. My breast are beautiful! I always had small breasts and always wanted to be a bit bigger and now I have the breasts I always wanted. They are more beautiful than before. You can barely tell that so much surgery was done. Its hard to believe when I look at myself they are not my own. Of course I would never want to go through this to get these beautiful breasts. As for the team that works with Dr. Restifo they are the finest. Amanda his PA was absolutely wonderful! I just loved her. Jackie his nurse and the receptionist can't be any more kind to you! So if you want the best don't hesitate to call on Dr. Restifo to rebuild the most important part of your body your Breasts!!!! I Just Love them all!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I found Dr. Restifo by researching online. He is very friendly, confident, knowledgeable. He and his staff answered all of my questions and made me feel very calm and confident going into the surgery. Love him and would definitely go back to him for another procedure. From the first visit I knew I made the right decision. Dr. Restifo made me feel completely confident and excited about the procedures and the results have by far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Restifo for any cosmetic surgery procedure.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Great results with my tummy tuck and breast lift. Dr Restifo is wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Absolutely happy with my decision and results! No regrets! I was looking to have Breast Augmentation done and after research I found Dr. Restifo, I then started to talk to people about the decision and the comments and recommendations I heard from other people about him made me even more confident on my decision. I was of course nervous a few weeks before the surgery at my pre-op. but he made me feel so much better, he answered every question or concern I may have had with such professionalism and caring for me as a patient. I absolutely recommend Restifo and his well trained staff to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon. I love my new breasts and will use Restifo in the future.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

Dr. Restifo and staff are fantastic! I had breast reduction surgery, February 2013. I thought the experience would be overwhelming and painful. That could not have been further from the truth. Dr. Restifo took his time with me, ensuring all my questions were answered. When it came time to discuss financing his office manager was very understanding that I was paying out of pocket and gave me several options for paying for the procedure. His office staff and nurses were wonderful. Very compassionate and caring. They greeted me each time I visited the office as though I was the only patient coming in for a visit that day. Dr. Restifo is extremely professional. His work is amazing. I had no post-op pain, I followed his recommendations to the letter and was able to get back to normal activity sooner than expected. If you are considering surgery, I strongly urge you to seek an opinion from Dr. Restifo.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I chose Dr. Restifo because of his bedside manner, credentials and his before and after photos and I could not be more pleased. His entire staff is extremely friendly. After I booked my surgery I started having regrets and when I called to have them "talk me off the ledge", Dr. Restifo called me personally and walked me through all my concerns and told me to come in for a second consultation. He really addressed all of my concerns and I was 100% confident going into my procedure. I am now 6 weeks post op and I am amazed by my results. My scar is nice and straight and thin and the placement is perfect. I can easily wear almost any style of bathing suit with no concerns! I also had liposuction of the flanks which helped give me that hourglass figure I vaguely remember having in my 20's!! And I think the thing I am most impressed with is my belly button - looks natural not stretched out. I have no regrets about having the surgery done and would definitly recommend Dr. Restifo to anyone

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I had a breast augmentation 3 months ago with Dr. Restifo. If his pedigree wasn't impressive enough, that actual results were absolutely amazing. He knew the right size for my body and active lifestyle. After surgery, I couldn't believe that there wasn't one bruise on my body. Dr. Restifo was extremely professional and knowledgeable. I am SO happy with the results.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Dr. Richard J. Restifo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Restifo is a thoughtful,compassionate, and exceptionally talented specialty plastic surgeon. He initially trained at Harvard Medical School then went on to serve on the faculty of the Yale University School of Medicine. Practicing plastic and aesthetic surgery of the breast and body for well over two decades, he has been appointed to numerous national plastic surgery committees, authored many publications and book chapters on the latest surgical techniques, and given scores of presentations in national and international settings. Dr. Restifo is perennially included in "Best Doctors in America" and 'Top Docs NY/Metro", and has received numerous awards for compassion and professionalism. He is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Connecticut Society of Plastic Surgeons. For 10 years he served as Chief of Plastic Surgery atSt. Vincent's Medical Center. One of his favorite activities is donating his time and skills in serving disadvantaged patients overseas. His patients come from all over the United States as well as from abroad. His practice is limited to plastic and aesthetic surgery of the breast and body and he has devoted his career to the mastery of this area of plastic surgery. His philosophy is that successful outcomes in plastic surgery depend upon patient satisfaction, and meeting or exceeding each patient's expectations is his unrelenting goal.

• English

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1986)

• Dr. Restifo is perennially included in "Best Doctors in America" and 'Top Docs NY/Metro", and has received numerous awards for compassion and professionalism.