Ratings for Dr. Mahmoud Ektefaie

I was very afraid of having a root canal as I had heard it was a very painful procedure from several people, and had put it off for years. He confirmed the correct diagnosis in a very gentle and compassionate way. The local anesthetic that I had feared so much was almost painless, and the entire procedure after that was completely painless. His assistant was very skilled as well, knew exactly what the doctor needed. His receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The tooth is now fully repaired, and it is wonderful to be able to eat anything, especially cold foods, and even rinse my mouth without pain. As a surgeon, I have seen a lot of health care, and my experience here was top notch.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I visited Dr Ektefaie's office in June 2014 for the minor surgery on the root of my tooth. I made a research before I decided on the specialist, and when I had my first appointment with doctor Ektefaie, I knew I can trust him. During the procedure of surgery, I felt at ease and in good hands. I didn't have any discomfort. His team, two assistants and the doctor himself, were so well organized, that made me feel the work ended much sooner than I expected. The doctor took time to explain post surgery home care and gave me printed instructions on it. Everything went exactly the way he anticipated. I had no pain after the surgery and my friends told me that I am very lucky that I found the right doctor. I will recommend everybody to have surgical work done by this knowledgable, skilled and kind man and if I need any other problems with my teeth in the future, I will definitely go to see Dr. Ektefaie.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I was referred to Dr Ektefaie from my dentist for a root canal. I thought he was very thorough and explained in advance what my x-rays showed, what was required today, and why. He then explained the procedure in very simple terms (with minimal medical terminology so there was no room for confusion). I was very impressed with his manner, and he found ways to bring humor and personality into the visit which I really appreciated. There was no discomfort, and he made sure to check in with me as the procedure went along, and announced when the root canal was done, and now it was just the filling, etc. It was a really easy visit that was efficient and thorough. He took time to tell me what to do after the visit if there was any discomfort or swelling, etc. All in all, it was a great appointment, and I will refer others to him. Should I need further care that he offers I will happily return. The dental assistant was great too! Front desk staff was good, nothing outstanding.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Seeing Ektafaie was perhaps the worst dental experience I've ever encountered. In short: you'll be served a million dollar view, that you'll end up paying for too! Unfortunately, very little about the man or the staff made me feel at ease. He was frustrated if I asked questions, curt in his replies, and impatient with my wanting to know what was going on. I could pretty much see where my situation was headed from day one based on his responses, and should've trusted my gut: I was there to on referral for what was supposed to be a straight-forward root-canal, and sure enough, after three visits, and $2300 paid out of pocket, my tooth had to be extracted in the end anyhow. A simple situation became increasingly worse with extensive pain to boot within 1/2 a year. If you want your mouth treated like an endless source of economic potential for a dentist, head right-on-in and enjoy the view. Just remember: It's your mouth. Don't be afraid to protect it.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

My dentist referred me to another endodontist in the office, but I was seen by Dr. Ektefaie because the other doctor was not in and I was so glad he did my root canal. He explained my tooth had cracked and the procedure should be done immediately because of the infection, but advised me not to get a crown on the tooth, because I would have to have it pulled because of the crack. He predicted it would probably be within a year, and it was about 6 months later I had it extracted. He has the best equipment and as he explained the problem, I could see everything clearly on the photos & x-rays. He was very efficient, gentle & knowledgeable. My dentist was also impressed with his work. I was not impressed with the clerical staff because they filled my form incorrectly and I did not get the procedure reimbursed by the insurance company.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I am a general dentist and I refer to this office. Their work is superb, and my patients have nothing but praise for these endodontists and their staff. I have the utmost confidence in all the practitioners at this office.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I rated the service so poorly because that's what it was - BAD service! From the first phone call the lady on the phone didn't care what I had to say, and she was very impatient, rushing me off the phone. I called back and asked to speak with the manager and she said that she was the manager! I have since cancelled my appointment because I don't want to come to a place that is run so poorly.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

When it comes to Dr. Ektefaie, I have only great things to say. He is knowledgeable, efficient, patient and kind. I could tell he has the patient’s best interest at heart and gives you an honest opinion. This is something I praise in a physician. When I went to see him, even though, the office was busy; his staff was friendly and helpful. The office is clean, has a warm feel and has a beautiful view overlooking Vancouver. I would recommend Dr. Ektefaie without a doubt!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

I had to see Dr. Ektefaie for a root canal last week. My dentist recommended another endodontist first, but after I did some research, I decided that this office had the best reputation and reviews. He is awesome! He is very kind, very practical and knowledgeable, and explained to me all of my options, his fees, and really took the time to answer my questions. I felt really relaxed, he gave me no pressure, and I had virtually no pain. This office even has three other specialists so that when I had a question about whether to take advil or not, they put me through directly to one of the other specialists (I think it was Dr. Ektefaie's day off!). The office is not flashy but you can tell it is a very busy office. This is where I would go for root canal.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Awful awful service. Reception is rude and unhelpful. I felt like I was in aprison waiting room rather than an expensive dental surgery. I turned up for my appoitments on time on both visits, but had to wait for an hour each time. The dentist himself "seems" to know what he's doing. Having said that he messed up my tooth and I had to get it pulled by another dentist because of the good Dr's work. This is the worst dental practice in the world. They do have a good view though. I would not normally write up comments online, but people have to be warned. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013