Ratings for Dr. Peter Ritsema

Dr. Ritsema is a caring physician. I highly recommend him. He listens and has compassion for his patients. Very rare to find a gem like Dr. Ritsema. You won't be disappointed with the care you receive from him and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Best doctor I've ever came across, so caring and nice.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Excellent doctor, the only complaint is the fact that he is overbooked. Severely. Popularity has its

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

he was great. Answered all of my question in a way i understood and i knew he really cared. would suggest to any one

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

I have gone to Ritsema for over 12 years. He has been great for our family. My wife and two girls switched to another dr. in the same practice because they prefer a female dr. We have always had good care with Ritsema and his associates. The only downfall is the wait. Appointments almost never are on time. But Ritsema is thorough, knowledgeable, and caring. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I've never had a problem with Dr. Ritsema's care. He's always been kind, courteous, and accurate with the health care of my entire family. Problem is he's popular and this has led him to become really overloaded/overbooked. The office staff are professional and usually smiling. The only problem I've ever had is waiting four months to see him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2008

I agree the office has problems with promptness and efficiency, but Dr. Peter Ritsema is worth the wait. He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever worked with and I'm an RN on a cardiac unit. We have six children and after may trys at finding a pediatrician we liked, we found Dr. Ritsema and have stayed with family medicine. Absolutely wonderful!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2007

The staff is very poor at patient file maintenance, reporting information to the doctor, getting the scripts filled correctly and on time. It took over two years to recieve proper treatment for a bladder infection. He failed to diagnose and treat me for mono, I was diagnosed by my Dermitolgist. After that, the care I recieved was met with indifference at best. When I expressed that I would rather see Dr. Amy Anderson, again, my request to change doctors within the same office was not well recieved. I am not the only patient to have had these problems and concerns. Hopefully with a means for open communication and free reporting patients medical care will improve, but sometimes just some validation that "Yes" you had been miss treated, and not well cared for as an individual or a sick patient. The number one problem with Dr. Ritsema's office, the staff likes to subject SICK people to many hastles, steps, and problems with no mercy.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr Ritsema is a wonderful, caring doctor. The insurance challanges don't seem to hamper his great care. He is there for his patients. He spends as much time as is needed with the patients. He REALLY does care for each person. I would HIGHLY recommend him!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2006

Dr. Peter Ritsema's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Jenison, MI