Ratings for Dr. Karine St-Arnaud

As an "Emergency Doctor" trained to help patients in great distress, from a psychological perspective, she failed. As Mom lay dying on the fifth floor, her only medicine was for me to go back to see my family doctor. But that would take time and Mom died the next morning. They would not keep her in the fridge until I got to see my family doctor. She also considered me a suicide risk and would not give me the needed drug to make it through the Funeral. So I had to buy off the street. Apparently she was not aware suicidal individuals can also use ropes and belts and razors and scarves and such. Nor was she aware that the Douglas Hospital has a 24/7 emergency service for individuals in distress. Or that a tinge of comforting words, carefully and artificially crafted, would have helped. This was the second time in my life that I was in great distress; the former being in 1972. Both Doctors failed miserably. There will not be a third time as that would be Strike Three. Excepting for broken bones of course. Thanks to God, a young Iranian intern was there to do the decent thing and just ask: "tell me about your Mom" All the medicine I needed but clearly not in St-Arnauds vocabulary.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

J'ai été voir la Dr St-Arnaud pour une possible fracture au bras. Elle a été excessivement douce, empathique et précise dans ces explications. Merci Dr St-Arnaud.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015