Ratings for Dr. Steven Yang

Dr Yang has been amazing for me and I would highly recommend him to anyone with Spinal issues, Yes he does ask a lot of questions but this is for the reasoning to be sure he is giving the best treatment possible. I have always documented my pain and issues to give the absolute best description and this has been the success of my treatment thus far. Dr Yang doesn't push Surgery which is great as he wishes to be sure the best result is achieved. Keep up your dedicated work Steven

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr Yang was professional to deal with and happy to answer any questions I had. He was informative about my specific back problem And ensured I had tried all other options before progressing to surgery. My surgery went well and I am well on the way to recovery. I would recommend Dr Yang.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I am alarmed that my experience with Dr Yang was almost identical to the other reviewer below - Dr Yang charged me $260 for an initial consultation. My consultation barely lasted 10 minutes, and Dr Yang seemed to have made his mind up before I walked in the room. He spent 2-3 mins reviewing my MRIs before calling me in. Then proceeded to tell me that he could have identified my issues without an MRI, and that they were an expensive waste of money. I asked him to provide as much information about the specific nature of the injury revealed in the scans, to which he flat out refused. Then told me to 'keep weight down, focus on core strength', then bundled me out of the room. This is not the sort of advice you pay a 'specialist' for. Later, I disputed the fee with their practice manager - and the reply was that Dr Yang has a differing recollection of the consultation (no further detail provided), and 'wont be refunding anything'. pretty despicable - i just wish i had given the review on this site more creedence before this crook took my money.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Steven was great. Fitted me in despite it being 28th of December. Home the next day, 10 days recovering and I was back to it. Driving at 2 weeks with no issues. I haven't taken even a panadol since 2 weeks post op. Amazing work.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

DR Steven Yang, operated on my back completely reconstructing it going on 3 years ago (I was a 36 year old Special Forces Soldier - in the Australian Defence Force). I highly recommend Dr Yang to anyone who after surgeon who will preform advanced procedures that other Surgeons simply do not the skills or the confidence to carry out such procedures! Before my operation (after already having older Spinal Fusion that had collapsed ) I was bent forward at a 45 degree angle with my pain scale constantly sitting around 9 to 9 1/2 out of ten - that was like that for 3 years, because all the Orthopedic and Neurosurgeons I had seen, 7 all up didn't believe such a procedure could be preformed and said that I would be looking for the rest of my life seeing pain specialist's and would end up in a wheelchair. It was after find Dr Yang who was very confident that he could carry out such a procedure (first time it was ever attempted in Australia) - the procedure went for 37 hours and has completely changed my life - standing straight, pain level down to a very manageable level, walk with cane and has completely given my life back. Plus grew 4 inches giving a new height of 6 foot 8 inches. So very happy with the outcome! Thank Dr Steven Yang!! All his staff and medical personnel are absolutely top notch!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I was referred to Dr Yang by my GP, and I had an initial consult and referred on for a nerve root block for further diagnosis. He was helpful enough and knowledgeable enough, and he preferred to avoid surgery if possible. I would be interested to hear any reviews from someone who has had surgery by Dr Yang.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I have never in all my years of seeing Drs come across such a rude and arrogant doctor as Dr Yang. After recently suffering an accident I was referred to him as an MRI picked up a herniated disk (to be fair he was the only surgeon with an appointment time without waiting months - after meeting him I can see why!). It was the smallest appointment in history and completely degrading, he made me feel like an idiot! He looked at my MRI before I entered the office and had made a decision about me and my care already. He wasn't interested in asking me what my symptoms/pain was. I tried to explain my history but he wasn't interested at all. He asked me "Do you want surgery?" Obviously I said No! ( who the hell does want surgery??). He then rudely asked me "So why did you come and see a surgeon?" It wasn't necessarily what he asked that was the problem but the way he asked, very condescending! And the answer..... Ermmm because my GP said I needed to! When I told him I was still sore his reply " Well of course your sore it only happened 12 days ago!" He also asked me "How do I know you actually got this injury when you said? How do I know these are the latest MRI results?" What the actual **** does that even mean??? Fast forward 2 weeks of still being in excruciating pain and I was referred to a much nicer Dr without a chip on his shoulder who had the sense to send me for follow up scans. Guess what..... I had a broken pelvis and 3 broken ribs as well as the original problem of a herniated disk. Save your $260 and buy a bottle of vodka, you have more chance of getting an answer from the bottle of the bottle than you do from this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016