Ratings for Dr. Karen Wu

We've been going to Dr. Wu for years,and I cannot stress enough how wonderful she is. She does her best to put children and parents at ease, and actually listens to our concerns. She helped to diagnose my daughter's illness, and was very helpful in recommending a specialist. I would highly recommend going to see her!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I am a mother of three and use Dr. Wu for my daughters pediatrician. My two boys see Dr. Sonnenblick in the Fair Lawn office. Dr. Wu is caring, knowledgeable and extremely thorough. My daughter is 12 and she never once in all those years disappointed us or steered us in the wrong direction. She is spot on and with compassion as well. A bright and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

We used this doctor for our child and on a Friday we took her to the Hackensack Office with a high fever and green discharge coming out of the nose and was told it was a cold. On Saturday fever got higher and went to the Fairlawn Office only to be told it was a cold. Frustrated on Sunday we went back and was told it was a cold. I knew with 103.8 fever it wasn't a cold. On Monday I called a new Pediatrician and before he even did the examination he took one look at my child's nose and said it was a full blown sinus infection. The new doctor examined my child and gave us an antibiotic and within 24 hours the fever finally broke. If Dr. Wu would've be knowledgeable my child would've been on medicine from the Friday before and we wouldn't have had to wait until that Monday. We are so happy with the new pediatricians and we wouldn't recommend North Jersey Pediatrics to anyone. Also they gave our child doses of medication for a 6 month old when the child was 3.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

There isn't anything I would do for my children regarding their health that I would check with Dr. Wu first...I trust her opinion 100%. She is always right on target with her diagnoses and her treatment. She is easy to talk to and gives you plenty of time. I highly recommend her!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr.Karen Wu is the best. My wife and I interviwed several Dr.s before choosing Dr. Wu and we haven't been disappointed yet. Dr. Wu is very good with our 3 children and in 11 years we have never questioned her knowledge..

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

We have been using Dr. Wu as our pediatrician for all three of our children. She has been wonderful. She alerted us to some concerns that she had regarding our daughter's development when she was 14 mo. old. She suggested that we have her evaluated by a developmental pediatrician and guided us step by step through the process. Her concerns were right on target. Our daughter was diagnosed with Autism by the Institute for Child Development in Hackensack, NJ. We were told that she would probably never be able to speak or function independently. Dr. Wu helped us every step of the way expressing to us that are immediate action was needed to get her started in several different therapies. She lead us in all the right directions. Within 1 week our daughter was in therapy from 8am to 8pm 5 days a week. She is now 7 & not only does she speak, but she reads & does all age appropriate school work. She continues to progress everyday & we owe it all to Dr. Wu & we are forever grateful.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

Dr. Wu is part of North Jersey Pediatrics group. Their main office is inFair Lawn with satellites in Hackensack & Clifton. Dr. Wu works out of the Hackensack location. My child has also been seen by several of the other physicians at the Fair Lawn office as well. I have been very happy with the care and courtesy that we receive at this practice, and by Dr. Wu in particular. I agree that she has a way with children and makes them comfortable. My child is not very fond of doctors in general, but I never have any problem taking her here because she is always happy to see Dr. Wu. You can get in at a moments notice and when my child was a baby, they had no problem with my zillion new mother calls. Even at 2:00 AM, someone would get back to me and quickly. I recently found out a friend of mine also goes to Dr Wu with her newborn and she is also very happy. I've never seen her act selfish or mean, quite the opposite. I'd strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

We've been using North Jersey Pediatrics with Dr. Wu as our primary pediatrician for almost 8 years now. I have been very happy with the level of service we have recieved. We are seen, same day, no matter what day of the week it is. Sunday 8:00 AM child with a fever and vomiting? No problem, bring them in.... I wish we could find an adult physician to model this! Dr. Wu herself has 3 young children and puts children at ease. I've never seen her handle any of our children with anything but kindness and understanding. The only negative I can say is that the physical office itself could really use some refurbishing. Other than that, I think this is an excellent practice.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

This Doctor is highly unprofessional and she has no knowledge whatso ever at all. Because of her poor judgement, our baby had to go through so much physical, mental and emotional pain. I would really request the parents if you really love your child .. PLSSSS do not take your child to her .. she is a very mean and selfish person ..

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr. Wu is a friendly, helpful, knowledgeable doctor. My kids have been going to her for years and they feel comfortable seeing her. I trust her judgement.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2007

Dr. Karen Wu's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1992)

Commercial Insurance Company