Ratings for Dr. John Barakso

I moved to Nanaimo from another province around 4 years ago and brought with me some fairly extensive dental work. Dr Barakso has a calm and respectful chair side manner. I also feel he has been very honest about which dental care should be attended to immediately and which is a concern but can wait until finances allow. I have had a couple dentists over the years who I would not recommend to friends and family. Dr Barakso is not one of them

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I was using this Dr Barakso as a dentist I thought i could trust, he seemed okay at first.. I got him to pull all my upper teeth, he then wanted to do a filling on a bottom back molar. He gave me a freezing injection and hit a nerve... He knew he did it, and was proud to say that was one in a thousand chance.. Part of my mouth is still frozen and the guy could have cared less. That was back in 2008 and no word or concren from this jerk.. How unprofessional he is, bet he won't admit to it , But his assistant Sheila witnessed it too, she was even less concerned... This Dr. injured me and did nothing to make things right with me... Beware ....

Submitted January 5, 2015

The front desk are always so pleasant and change appointments without hassle or guilt trips. Dr. John is so gentle that his hands feel soft like butter. He is conservative and won't suggest something unless he thinks it is necessary. I recommend him to all my friends and family, and they do too!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012