Ratings for Dr. Yolanda Kirkham

I was very nervous about getting my IUD inserted but Dr. Yolanda made the experience great! She was very understanding and answered all my questions/concerns. The procedure took about 5 minutes and she walked me through the entire thing. She is very good at what she does.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I read these comments before seeing Dr. Kirkham, and I was a bit worried. However, my appointment turned out to be a good one! The receptionists are nice, and the RN (Joanne, i think) was amazing and understanding. Dr. Kirkham is the first OB GYN who showed compassion and actually offer a solution to my problem. Granted, this was my first appointment with her, but she gave me hope and for that I'm thankful!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I was a bit worried about getting my IUD put in and she put me at ease immediately. Very personable and knowledgeable, it took her all of 5 minutes to complete the procedure including the prep. I had hardly any cramping and felt very relaxed. She is a great OBGYN

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Didn't listen to my problem and did not do a work-up when one was required.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Recommended for my teen daughter who has very painful periods and abnormal bleeding. Kirkham presents as friendly at first but she is rude and condescending. She interrupts and silences me as a mother and tells me my daughter should speak. Which I agree but then she is condescending to my daughter. She asks questions but assumes we have no knowledge and understanding. She has conducted no tests until we asked for them. When we ask questions she dismisses the questions. Terrible fit for well educated patients looking for a second opinion. All she wants to do is treat with the pill and not investigate the cause of my daughter's problems. Should not treat young women.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Not helpful at all and basically dismissed all my concerns -_- I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I have Endometriosis and spent several hours at the hospital with severe pain on my right lower pelvis. Had 2 ultrasounds confirming large cyst on my ovary. Was told by family OBGYN to go back to Emerg so that it could be surgically removed. Kirkham seemed more interested in drawing a diagram for her med student during my diagnosis then attending to my needs and questions. Very quickly dismissed me with pain meds and follow up in 6 weeks. That unfortunately my "issue" was not "urgent". I explained that I was terrified of this cyst bursting (as I have experienced this in the past) or worse; twisting, cutting off blood to my ovary. She told me to follow up with another gyno and monitor over 6 weeks. It seems like Emergency doctor's these days rather send you home with Pain killers that numb all your symptoms and basically shut you up then find a solution. I'm terrified of this cyst bursting and the pain it will cause, but the worse part is that I will have no choice but to return to the hospital. Maybe then she will pay attention to me.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

worst doctor ever.....dismissed symptoms and was told no point in operating as endometriosis has no cure

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Very patient Dr....I saw her a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I found her to be very thorough as well as compassionate. Her receptionist is amazing (which is hard to find!)... I work in the healthcare field so I especially appreciate great medical care... I have no clue how doctors put up with certain patients that are so difficult to please but think that they know it all... Based on some of these reviews it is clear a few of them are the very patients I speak of. Bottom line: I think people should base their opinions off of personal interaction rather than someone else's opinion. If I read the negative reviews before seeing this doctor then I would have never experienced Dr.Kirkham for myself.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I saw Dr. Kirkham a few times in the past and had a high opinion of her and her attitude. Unfortunately all this fell apart at my last visit. For months before I got pregnant, Dr. Kirkham flagged to me that I have a condition that would (not could) put me at higher risk throughout a pregnancy. This was part of the reason I chose her for my prenatal care - because she was familiar with my history and would be able to monitor me for any potential complications. On my first prenatal visit, she breezed through everything and didn't mention the very risks she had previously flagged prior to pregnancy. I raised the topic and it was like talking to a different person - she turned around and said she wasn't worried and would do nothing to monitor me or answer any additional questions/ concerns that I had around my condition. Further, I had a list of questions which again, she breezed through without taking any time to think about what I was asking and to each she answered "I'm not worried about that". Being new to how the system works in Ontario I asked her if she could help me if I wanted to deliver in a (better) hospital that would be way closer to our home, having moved since I last saw Dr. Kirkham. She proceeded to pout and became very defensive, saying that if we would have told her about wanting a different hospital earlier, she never would have spent "all this time" with us - the duration of our appointment was 5 minutes and she was an hour late seeing us. I've since switched prenatal care because her attitude and totally conflicting opinion on the potential seriousness of my condition has left me with little respect for her intention towards her patients as well as her credibility. She also charges $20 in cash only for her doctors notes which is strange. The only redeeming feature of this clinic is the receptionist.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015