Ratings for Dr. Yolanda Kirkham

Not helpful at all and basically dismissed all my concerns -_- I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I have Endometriosis and spent several hours at the hospital with severe pain on my right lower pelvis. Had 2 ultrasounds confirming large cyst on my ovary. Was told by family OBGYN to go back to Emerg so that it could be surgically removed. Kirkham seemed more interested in drawing a diagram for her med student during my diagnosis then attending to my needs and questions. Very quickly dismissed me with pain meds and follow up in 6 weeks. That unfortunately my "issue" was not "urgent". I explained that I was terrified of this cyst bursting (as I have experienced this in the past) or worse; twisting, cutting off blood to my ovary. She told me to follow up with another gyno and monitor over 6 weeks. It seems like Emergency doctor's these days rather send you home with Pain killers that numb all your symptoms and basically shut you up then find a solution. I'm terrified of this cyst bursting and the pain it will cause, but the worse part is that I will have no choice but to return to the hospital. Maybe then she will pay attention to me.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

worst doctor ever.....dismissed symptoms and was told no point in operating as endometriosis has no cure

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Very patient Dr....I saw her a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I found her to be very thorough as well as compassionate. Her receptionist is amazing (which is hard to find!)... I work in the healthcare field so I especially appreciate great medical care... I have no clue how doctors put up with certain patients that are so difficult to please but think that they know it all... Based on some of these reviews it is clear a few of them are the very patients I speak of. Bottom line: I think people should base their opinions off of personal interaction rather than someone else's opinion. If I read the negative reviews before seeing this doctor then I would have never experienced Dr.Kirkham for myself.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I saw Dr. Kirkham a few times in the past and had a high opinion of her and her attitude. Unfortunately all this fell apart at my last visit. For months before I got pregnant, Dr. Kirkham flagged to me that I have a condition that would (not could) put me at higher risk throughout a pregnancy. This was part of the reason I chose her for my prenatal care - because she was familiar with my history and would be able to monitor me for any potential complications. On my first prenatal visit, she breezed through everything and didn't mention the very risks she had previously flagged prior to pregnancy. I raised the topic and it was like talking to a different person - she turned around and said she wasn't worried and would do nothing to monitor me or answer any additional questions/ concerns that I had around my condition. Further, I had a list of questions which again, she breezed through without taking any time to think about what I was asking and to each she answered "I'm not worried about that". Being new to how the system works in Ontario I asked her if she could help me if I wanted to deliver in a (better) hospital that would be way closer to our home, having moved since I last saw Dr. Kirkham. She proceeded to pout and became very defensive, saying that if we would have told her about wanting a different hospital earlier, she never would have spent "all this time" with us - the duration of our appointment was 5 minutes and she was an hour late seeing us. I've since switched prenatal care because her attitude and totally conflicting opinion on the potential seriousness of my condition has left me with little respect for her intention towards her patients as well as her credibility. She also charges $20 in cash only for her doctors notes which is strange. The only redeeming feature of this clinic is the receptionist.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr Kirkham is very kind and knowledgable. She answers questions with sincerity and empathy and respects treatment options.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I met this doctor as a referral from my retiring gyne Dr Yung. First off she misdiagnosed me with a prolapsing fibroid before even examining me!! and put me on some experimental medication called fibristal which caused me to hemmorage and landed me in the ER. She then admitted she has no OR time available and referred me to another Gyne for follow up and removal of said Fibroid. She does not answer questions in a straightforward manner and makes the patient feel inferior and not worthy of knowing the full results of their tests. She's got some good reviews on here but anyone can deliver a baby that's not rocket science (I've had several at home) look elsewhere if you want to be taken seriously and be given HONEST advice and not treated like a Guinea pig.

Submitted January 15, 2015

I met Dr. Kirkham this week for the first time. I had been dealing with some ongoing health issues and many other doctors have been unable to provide me with information or a definite diagnosis and treatment options. She was incredibly thorough in explaining my condition and treatment options. She answered all of my questions, gave me additional pamphlets/info and was very knowledgeable and personable. She seemed like she genuinely cared about my well-being and didn't rush me or brush off my concerns. Definitely would recommend. The nurses and other staff were also very friendly.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I just saw Dr. Kirkham for the first time the other day, and I just felt so happy/grateful after the consultation that I met (and now have) a doctor like her! She was so compassionate/attentive/personable/reassuring...I felt like she genuinely cared! You can tell she loves what she does. She was also very knowledgable and was able to answer all of my questions. She was patient and I never felt rushed. The staff was also very sweet! I felt so comfortable...highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Kirkham is wonderful. She was immediately able to diagnose and offer treatment for my endometriosis that my GP had been dismissing for 18 months. She is very friendly, knowledgeable, and unjudgemental, and made me feel truly at ease.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014