Ratings for Dr. Anita N. Shah

Office staff is the worst!! Dr. Shah saw my daughter in the hospital after giving birth. From the time I got back home her staff has harassed me non stop to pay the bill. It takes insurance time to put your baby on the plan. I called my insurance company numerous time for Dr. Shah to make sure they were putting my daughter on the plan and paid the claim. Once the claim was paid, which obviously took some time...the staff kept calling me asking to pay the bill over the phone without them sending a statement. I asked for the bill and said once I got the bill I will pay. I asked them to stop calling me multiple times a week. I never received a bill; however I did see my insurance had paid. I sent a check and that wasn't good enough for them. they wanted to get paid asap. The check was in the mail and they still call to harass. I have never had a doctor office call continuously like this. I would never go back or use them again. They threaten to send me to collections when my insurance company had just recently paid them. not even a week had past since they got paid from my insurance company and they were trying to collect their money again. They are annoying!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

She is good, but beware if you are new to US. For simple tests, she will ask you to go to the Northwest community hospital(where she is working) without giving you/explaining you the options available. I lost 350$ for a simple iron test but the same test is available in the popular labs for 50$. When she contacted me, she told that I forwarded your prescription to Northwest community hospital, Go and take the test. (Note: there is no fee for prescription for the lab test.) When She contacted me for another test and I told I can not afford, then she told it is your option, you can go to the labs as well. Then i said, Please forward prescription to the Lab which I told her. She asked 35$ fee for that. (Note: there is no doctor visit in this case, and she did not ask fees in the previous case when there was a huge profit with Northwest community hospital). Purely money minded , so beware of your die hard money.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

She can care very much about children, when the only way she will see you is to transfer all your records and after they are recieved them see your sick child! Maybe if you were caring and saw the child, a person would transfer and drive a little farther out of the way for better care. Obviously their is no better care there!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr. Anita Shah is very knowledgeable. I have always come away thinking that she has a genuine interest and love for her profession- that can only be why she is so good at it. I trust her diagnosis and her judgment completely. She sometimes calls following a sick visit to check on the kids- I really like that she shows this kind of concern. My kids have been seeing her for the past 10 years and I am very happy with her. I read a post about the office being dirty- those are not valid statements. The office does not look like a 5star hotel-it is clean and well sanitized, but it most definitely is NOT dirty or unhygienic. I understand that some people may want a doctors office to go beyond sanitary/hygienic, and "look" upscale- but to me that was not a deterministic factor in choosing the right medical care for my kids. It is so hard to find a doctor who understands and genuinely looks at things from the patients point of view. For me, I found such a doctor in Dr. Shah and am really glad.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

I've used Dr. Shah for many years. She is very knowledgable and friendly and spends a lot of time with patients and parents. She is not afraid to refer to another doctor for a second opinion. Office is not new and beautiful, but absolutely not dirty. The office staff is very friendly. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to be taken to an examining room and generally are seen within 2-3 minutes.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

good doctor, caught my child's illness at birth, but had issue with their staff understanding how secondary billing works. they didn't want to accept it. office is dirty but doctor shows concern. a little harsh at times.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2006

This office is dirty and after giving you a reference to a doctor and telling her you are not happy with this doctor she said "Oh other patients have told me the same thing. " Then why would you keep sending patients. Office nurses are NOT kid friendly. This is a must in a Ped's office.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2006

Dr. Anita N. Shah's Credentials

• Med Coll, Baroda Univ, Baroda, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington Heights, IL