Ratings for Dr. Jason Kemp

I initially discovered Jason Kemp in his Kennedy St office back in 2008. WCB had finally approved my claim for hearing aids and he was close to my work. From the start he was personable and knowledgeable (he suffers from tinnitus) so he had a good idea of what I went through so I chose him for my first set of hearing aids. Later, he was able to upgrade my 3 year old hearing aids through WCB to Bluetooth technology which enhanced my hearing experience even more. I was disappointed when he sold to a national chain and took a hiatus from the business for a few years. After 3 sad years with the national chain, I was disappointed with their one-on-one performance and was left with failing hearing aids for 18 months with little end in site. One luck day I clicked on an old link on my PC for Kemp Hearing and to my surprise I was directed to their present site. Soon after I had it out with the national chain people and decided to go back to Kemp Hearing. Within 8 days of calling, I was back to re-unite with Jason (he remembered me specifically) at the Waverly location. Walked out that day with near fully repaired Hearing Aids (for Free) and the paperwork initiated with WCB to upgraded my 5 year old units. Five weeks later I was fitted with my present set and all has been well since June 2017. My experience will likely differ from someone that's not covered by WCB but I would expect that Kemp Hearing would recommend the latest technology to a new client prior to suggesting downgraded equipment for affordability sake. Things like battery life and Bluetooth technology have improved so much sine 2008 when I got my first pair of Oticons. I recommend you include him in your initial list of consultations with hearing solution providers. Ask them all the hard/right questions and I think you'll chose Kemp Hearing. Peter T.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I have been dealing with Jason for over 20 years when he first worked at Hasting Hearing . I have severe hearing loss and very severe tinnitus ! when I was going for a hearing with W.C.B. to get hearing aids , Jason made a fantastic medical hearing evaluation which in the end after two hearings I was awarded hearing aids . I got them from Jason , they have improved my life , and helped this horrid tinnitus . Without Jason,s excellent knowledge this would never had happened . He is the most caring and understanding doctor I have ever dealt with . In making my final test for .WC.B he turned his tinnitus rating machine to its limit to reach my level but to no avail . he is # 1 in my books , thank you Jason for all your support and help over the years ,, alexander steele

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Salesman through and through, masquerading as a "doctor"

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

We have had an absolutely positive experience with Doctor Jason Kemp. He has been very kind understanding and most compassionate and accommodating. He has helped my husband come back to life again after he had given up on ever being helped again.. They both have similar hearing loss which is quite bad so latest technology is very necessary for them. In a nut shell,because of Dr. Kemp,we have been able to travel some, he has been able to return to work ,socializing with family & friends is back on track and new found ambitions he had thought impossible are now an exciting part of our lives!!! We are so indebted to this wonderful compassionate human being so cares so much about others suffering like himself from hearing loss..We pray he will continue to bless others as much as he has blessed us...Erika at front desk is also a lovely young lady always willing to help in any way she can.Kudos to her too...Knowing that Doctor Kemp is on the up and up about everything to do with hearing is also comforting...

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

My experience with Kemp Hearing over the last 10 years has been excellent. Dr. Jason Kemp doesn't fit hearing aids, he fits people. Big difference. Loss of hearing can be very alienating and has the potential to alter the course of our life. It affects our safety, our connection with friends, family, and our ability to earn a living. It's been a lifelong, rather solitary journey for me because no one else quite gets it. That changed when I met Dr. Jason Kemp. This is a person of exceptional integrity and a passion to help people hear better. He gets it because he lives it too. Adjusting to using technological devices for hearing can be difficult on so many levels, so having an experienced, empathetic individual like Jason fit you with the right aids makes all the difference. From the first fitting, through to follow-up appointments to fine-tune the programming of my hearing aids, his commitment to make sure everything is working the way it should has been unwavering. He is always on top of the latest research and will only carry what has been proven to work. He also continues to challenge manufacturers to do better. If I lived across the world, I'd return to Kemp for the quality of service. He and his team will be in your court every step of the way.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Whether you need a simple hearing test or have worn hearing aids for a long time and looking for a new Dr this is your guy! Dr. Kemp is a trusted and true professional and i do not believe the negagtive posts about him. My husband has worn a hearing aid from a very young age . Many , many times he came home from a visit with a Dr at popular hearing centre chain disappointed and upset with the lack of knowledge. Many times he would have to return because the problem wasn't corrected. After his first visit with Dr. Kemp he was so happy and relieved because he finally found a Dr that understands the issues because Dr Kemp wears hearing aids himself. Dr. Kemp has been a life changer for us and we have highly recommended him to family and friends. I refuse to believe the accusations that he and his staff are sales people.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

overpriced with a silver tongue. do not recommended

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

After having no previous knowledge of hearing aids, I came away with a vast knowledge of how they perform as well as being blown away by the results. Due to a hearing loss due to a workplace issue, I visited a local hearing aid centre located in Winnipeg, and did not get much info. After discussing with a co-worker, they sugested that I try Jason Kemp's hearing Centre. From the 1st point of contact I was informed of many options, and also given a free hearing test. Jason Kemp walked me thru the hearing test results and right thru the Workers Compensation requirements that would be needed. After being approved Jason and his Staff not only had my device ordered and fitted to me within 2 weeks. I was amazed at the time they took to walk me thru all the settings and options that the device came with. I can't believe the difference that this Oticon system has made on my self family and work. I would recommend Jason Kemp and his Staff for all your needs in this area. They took the time to make sure the device was suited for me and my lifestyle. The device is so discreet I would not even know I had it on except for my greatly improved hearing. My life has been changed for the better, and the only way I can describe it, is it was as if I was looking at a beautiful black and white photo, and someone added color to it.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

A very caring, experienced Doctor. Listens well. A true professional.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

smooth talking salesmen at this place, not a doctor at all. hearing aids quoted about $5000 too high

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016