Ratings for Dr. Kalu I. Onuma

Dr. Onuma was not interested in anything that I had to say or answer any questions that I asked. After the first visit the fee was $70 and each appointment lasted only five minutes. He did not listen to my concerns with the medication he was prescribing me. All he wanted to know was whether the meds were working "ok." Each time I told him the meds were NOT working as well as I hoped. He didn't listen to me and just gave me another three month script. The meds he gave me still did not help my chest pains and my anxiety, and eventually led to having multiple seizures, as I had to take more than what was prescribed. Then I would end up running out too early which would lead to more seizures. When I told him about the seizures, he said "Sorry, but that's not my problem." I pleaded with him on each visit to change my meds to something that would stop my chest pains and my seizures. My pleadings were ignored. Now I am shopping for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013