Ratings for Dr. Victor Chin

Sigh. Went to see him because he was good with my father who has Alzheimer's. Wanted to check general eye health and for information on the strength of my reading glasses. He tried to sell me prescription glasses for distance vision because although my sight was very good 'it could be great'. Sent me to talk to a woman about ordering some when I clearly stated I didn't need them. The woman then tried to sell me prescription reading glasses; I'd already told Dr. Chin that years ago my ophthalmologist told me to buy them at a drug store. Back in room with Dr. Chin; woman knocks on door. He goes out. Brief whispering. Comes back clearly annoyed. Tells me I'm at risk for Glaucoma and dismisses me. At the door I stop and ask him what I should do about my eye health and He says I can do nothing and don't need to see a specialist. Ask him what reading glass strength i should use. He says 3.00 then says no, 2.50 without turning his head to look at me. Tried both at drug store and they're so strong I can't read through them. My Doctor sending me back to Ophthalmologist to check out the glaucoma risk but said its probably a misdiagnosis. Again sigh. Didn't listen and clearly didn't care once he found out I wasn't buying. I take care of my parents so he lost a whole family of patients that day.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr Chin is an excellent optometrist. He is very knowledgable and professional. Both myself and my husband have gone to him for our eyecare for years and will not see any other eye doctor. His staff are also of the same caliber as Doctor Chin and definitely customer satisfaction is their top priority. Especially employee Carrie!! Always makes sure customer satisfaction is at the forefront. You must see Dr Chin and Carrie!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I recently had to refresh my prescription and eye glasses and found Dr Chin and his team to be highly professional, knowledgable and very patient/customer focused. I would highly recommend Dr Chin as an optometrist.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Saw a number of eye doctors growing up and was told I needed glasses but was never happy with them. Dr. Chin finally noticed and fixed the imbalance between my eyes and I now finally have glasses that I want to wear. I tell all my friends to see him.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I didn't find him knowledgable at all. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014