Dr. Mitchell Hansen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mitchell Hansen

If you saw this person for three minutes you won he lottery , if you could contacted his Secretary you are miles ahead of me ,if you saw him before your procedure was cancelled twice in 2 weeks and contacted by the admin staff not the man himself , Buy a lotto ticket

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I had a surfing accident over a year ago which resulted in damage from C3 to C7. The first surgeon I saw suggested surgery to alleviate pressure by removal of a small portion of the most damaged disc. I am so grateful I sought a second opinion from Dr Hansen as he advised that if the damage was as extensive as it appeared that it was likely the surgery proposed would result in fusion. Given the number of discs involved this would cause ongoing issues and limitation of movement. He worked to make full disc replacement surgery affordable for me, performed the surgery without delay resulting in instantaneous pain relief. I was up and walking within hours of surgery, released the next day back and had to remind myself to ease back to sport. 12 months on I am still pain free and doing the things I love including horse riding, karate and surfing. Thank you for giving me my life back

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I had a microdiscectomy preformed by Dr Hanson, he done such a great job. Very great full 3 years later. Poor bugger is a very, very busy man.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I consider myself so very lucky and fortunate to be put under the care of Dr. Hansen. Chris, his Resident was so helpful and informative and supportive. Thank you to both doctors and the wonderful staff of the John Hunter Hospital and the thank you to the staff of the Port Macquarie Base hospital for their support and their recommendation to see Dr. Hansen. I would not hesitate to recommend him. Marie Withers

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr. Mitchell Hansen recently performed a L4/L5 PLIF on my back previous to this operation I was unable to get out of bed without huge amounts of medication. Just two weeks after I was off all pain medication and back to being able to lead a normal life. He is a wonderful,experienced, caring Doctor and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. The staff at his practice are kind and very helpful.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Receptionist was so rude i didnt bother making an appointment, absolutely no help whatso ever

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I have had many many brain surgeries with Mitch. He is a genuinely wonderful Dr. Will take the time to listen and explain everything. He cares about every aspect of care. I am a public patient so he doesn't have any reason to act this way with me I don't pay a cent! With so many admissions there of course, has been bumps in the road but they have always been sorted in an efficient and caring manner. I have had surgery with three other surgeons but I will never see another one now. He is a wonderful Dr!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I recently had a C 4/5 fusion. I was home in 24 hours feeling fantastic, no analgesics, and with full head mobility. You can't top that. I would recommend Dr Hansen and staff to everyone.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I had 2 back operations which Dr Hansen performed on my lower back involving Disc Fusion and plates and screws. I found Dr Hansen was very supportive, kind and very understanding to my problems. He takes time to listen, talk and answer any of my questions. Dr Hansen spend time with every patient. In my opinion he is a very capable and experienced doctor and I would not hesitate in recommending anyone to him. The staff at his practice are helpful and very professional.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

The doctor was running late but apologised. Although he wasn't able to help me he explained my problem and referred me to another specialist. His staff were very helpful in getting me an earlier appointment and were warm and efficient even though obviously very busy.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016