Ratings for Dr. Mary Jean Silvano

I brought an 85 year old for an appointment with many mitigating circumstances. The doctor was quite patient and thoughtful and I would guess we ran over our allotted time. If the earlier negative statements are honest then my opinion would be Dr. Silvano is a better doctor than social worker. Her availability does seem to be high which I find wonderful. I rate the rating system of this site low giving equal merit to largely irrelevant topics. Who cares much about staff or even punctuality when you're looking for life altering assistance. Also how can a commoner honestly assess the knowledge of a specialized doctor?

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

My name is shelly gupta and going to Dr silvano from two years and she is awesome and very nice doctor as well as very nice human being ....I am totally dependent on her and I trust her so much because she is taking care of my health so good...I think all wrong reviews against her should be removed...

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Was referred to this doctor for weight loss after normal healthy eating and exersice wasn't working. She prescribed victoza and told me to not eat any carbs. Asked for more explantion on what kind of carbs (most food has some carbs) but could not provide any sort of way for me to determine if I should eat something or not. From appointment to appointment she would contradict herself. She was exceptionally rude and often brushed off my questions. I would not recommend her. Her schedule is wide open, so I imagine she has a hard time getting and keeping patients.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I was not impressed with dr. Silvano. She ignored my concerns and was stuck in her ways about tests and treatments. Her receptionist was so snotty and rude on the phone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Was referred to Dr. Silvano because of secondary adrenal insufficiency. She is not an endocrinologist. Quickly tapered hydrocortisone (every 2 weeks), with lab tests every 2nd week. Cortisol and energy levels fluctuated considerably. (Most unpleasant and debilitating). Did not know what the criteria are for discontinuing hydrocortisone or how to safely taper. Said that losing weight would solve the problem. Would not recommend for anything related to endocrine function. Referred to maintenance dosages of prednisone rather than hydrocortisone. Where is the accountability for physicians?

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

She is a great doctor. Gentle , profesional and human. She takes her time with me to listen.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

She saw me for a whole 10 seconds and signed a prescription and walked out, I voiced some opinions and she ignored them. She didn't give me throat swabs or bloodwork or anything. She pretty much guessed what it was. She gave me antibiotics based on her assumption. 4 days later I am back in the office right now because I am not better, I got worse. She was awful

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

The best doctor I ever had. Dr. Silvano takes time with her patients. She values patient-care so much giving the best advice. I always recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

i was unimpressed with the treatment i recieved from this doctor at the walk in clinic i went to. i got in at an okay rate and sge was polite however, her assessments were incomplete and done wrong; including auscultating my lung sounds where my rib bones were located and only listening in four places on my posterior trunk. i am a nurse and had a pretty good idea of what i had and the doctor defused to give me antibiotics , told me it was viral and preacribed me a puffer before running out the door. 3 days later when i sought out a different doctor i was diagnosed with strep throat and goven my antibiotics.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013