Ratings for Dr. Mary Jean Silvano

Best doctor in edmonton, very knowledgeable and kind

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Very caring and thorough. Staff is excellent. Gets back to me right away if anything shows up on my bloodwork for my diabetes

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Dr. Silvano saved my life. She was very thorough in reviewing my files and listening to my concerns. She provided a prescription that was accurate and ran blood tests. When she received the results she was quick to call me back in and readjust my prescriptions. She knew right away there was something wrong with my thyroid. After a month of treatment and not enough improvement she scheduled an MRI. Immediately diagnosed with central hypothyroidism due to an andenoma on my pituitary gland. She prescribed the right meds and months later I feel like a new woman. After years of doctors saying there was nothing wrong with me, I can't thank her enough. She is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Silvano is a true miracle worker. She genuinely cares about her patients and will allow you to make decisions about your own health. Since seeing her, I've taken back my health and am feeling incredible.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

This is the first doctor that cares about us as patients , very knowledgeable with great attitude always punctual with appointments. My daughter was struggling with her weight since early childhood and no one really cared until now. She lost about 20 kg without starvation or counting calories. Thank you Dr. Silvano and clinic staff.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I brought an 85 year old for an appointment with many mitigating circumstances. The doctor was quite patient and thoughtful and I would guess we ran over our allotted time. If the earlier negative statements are honest then my opinion would be Dr. Silvano is a better doctor than social worker. Her availability does seem to be high which I find wonderful. I rate the rating system of this site low giving equal merit to largely irrelevant topics. Who cares much about staff or even punctuality when you're looking for life altering assistance. Also how can a commoner honestly assess the knowledge of a specialized doctor?

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

My name is shelly gupta and going to Dr silvano from two years and she is awesome and very nice doctor as well as very nice human being ....I am totally dependent on her and I trust her so much because she is taking care of my health so good...I think all wrong reviews against her should be removed...

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Was referred to this doctor for weight loss after normal healthy eating and exersice wasn't working. She prescribed victoza and told me to not eat any carbs. Asked for more explantion on what kind of carbs (most food has some carbs) but could not provide any sort of way for me to determine if I should eat something or not. From appointment to appointment she would contradict herself. She was exceptionally rude and often brushed off my questions. I would not recommend her. Her schedule is wide open, so I imagine she has a hard time getting and keeping patients.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I was not impressed with dr. Silvano. She ignored my concerns and was stuck in her ways about tests and treatments. Her receptionist was so snotty and rude on the phone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Was referred to Dr. Silvano because of secondary adrenal insufficiency. She is not an endocrinologist. Quickly tapered hydrocortisone (every 2 weeks), with lab tests every 2nd week. Cortisol and energy levels fluctuated considerably. (Most unpleasant and debilitating). Did not know what the criteria are for discontinuing hydrocortisone or how to safely taper. Said that losing weight would solve the problem. Would not recommend for anything related to endocrine function. Referred to maintenance dosages of prednisone rather than hydrocortisone. Where is the accountability for physicians?

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014