Ratings for Dr. Colleen Hennessy

The majority of people are SCARED TO DEATH to disagree with their Doctors and even more afraid to complain. They're justifiably afraid they'll wind up on the Medical Mafia's HIT LIST, and look out when you wind up in the hospital and find yourself completely at their mercy; that'll teach you for asking questions about your or your loved ones medical issues. The docs have no problem telling you that if you aren't satisfied with them, you can go to another Doctor; knowing full well that there is a scarcity of doctors and in any case, they all stick together and have each other's backs, so you could be going from the proverbial frypan into the fire. It's a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't", situation; truly. Report to the college of physicians and surgeons? That's like the RCMP investigating the RCMP, isn't it? Need someone from W5 to go undercover, or something, but where to find such a person with enough medical knowledge.......Anyway, I suspect that if there is such a person, getting them to blow the whistle on imposter Doctors would be like trying to rat on the CIA or get out of a gang. Did you ever try to get a peek at your own medical file? Your medical chart used to hang on the end of the bed for all to see; now you might as well be trying to get information from CSIS. Most Doctors just DON'T LISTEN! They're so arrogant with the whole "specialist" thing, they don't stop to consider that the patient is a specialist in what's going on with their own bodies. I imagine Doctors have no interest in listening to patients because they've already made up their minds to apply "the one treatment fits all", plan which requires prescribing drugs. Statins for high cholesterol; everyone gets them. Even when you're told your cholesterol levels are good, you never get taken off the cholesterol. Same with many drugs. Well that's my vent. I agree with most of the commenters on here about Dr. Hennessey; the thing is, most (specialists at least) are full of themselves and hey, if they mess up and make your condition worse, or even kill you....they're untouchable. They can run your butt all over the country for tests, at your expense, and put you through the wringer with b.s. tests, and turn you over to "students" to practice on and chop your body up and if they make a boo boo, oops, oh well.......they get paid the same whether they kill you or cure you. I checked the knowledge question as 3 stars because how do I know??? I can only hope, right?

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

My appointment was a waste of time. She was snarky late and impatient. And I still don't know what my condition is.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr. Hennessy has been treating me for 18 years. I all of that time I have always found her to be helpful, considerate and knowledgeable . She is honest and to the point which is how I prefer my specialists to be. If a patient is looking for a friend - try Facebook. She is a very busy Doctor who has always been professional and thorough.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

It's misleading having to include "Staff" and "Punctuality" ratings; this gives the illusion that this "professional" rates higher than she actually should!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

working with my out of town g.p. had little to say except to confirm his findings--led to an angiogram in st pauls and I have not been back since-my regular doctor confers with her on his experience of my condition--will wait and see after ct and ut scans of placque build ups and see if it leads to a pharma solution which will not repair my defective aorta stenosis which needs replacement ----as a repair will not work unless someone knows how to remove the calcium buildup and restore the leaflet flexibility--the internet can offer no repair procedure to this valve.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

We would not send our dog to see this so call Dr. her bed side manners need some serious training. She also does NOT know how to treat people who want questions answered . She is NO specialist. We will never go back to this female Dr. as she is not worth OUR time.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

This woman has got such an attitude.....you better not disagree with her or she will tell you leave and don't come back

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

My husband was referred to this doctor, after multiple test including injecting radioactive dye into his system she said he had a heart attack and part of his heart was dead. Five years later in another province and a visit to a wonderful cardiologist, he determined he had NEVER suffered a stroke and his heart was healthy. I agree, she should loose her job and be charged with negligence before she hurts more people, or kills more as in a previous rating.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I am sure I would have died if I had not demanded to be referred to a real cardiologist in Vancouver. Dr. Hennessey is incompetent and could not diagnose my problem, so she chose to ignore my history and my symptoms and she refused to send me on to someone who could help me. Within months of changing cardiologists I underwent urgent valvular surgery. I had to have two valves replaced. By the time the surgery was done I was really sick and had been unable to work for 2 months. Dr. Hennessey is a danger to the public and should be stopped. I have filed a formal complaint with the College of Physicians Surgeons and recommend others do the same. I would also like to see if others would be interested in a class action malpractice suit, or finding out how to charge her with criminal negligence. I think she is guilty of incompetence, malpractice and criminal negligence. She needs to be stopped from harming others. Please reply if you feel the same.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Hennessy,specialist, for high blood pressure. The short visit with Dr. Hennessy was very unpleasant, blood pressure raising experience and totally unproductive. Dr. Hennessy showed no interest as to cause of my high blood pressure,nor had she any other advice how it may be mitigated, she prescribed more medication which did not help at all. Dr. Hennessy, right from start was arrogant, rude, condescending and showed poor knowledge base in her own speciality, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014