Ratings for Dr. L Fernando

Dr. Fernando was a wonderful mental health physician whom always took the time to listen to any complaints i might have had and tried to alleviate my sufferings. He tried very hard and would often switch my meds if they were not performing up to par. Although I no longer see him, I would reccomend him to anyone as their primary mental health physician.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I find him very antisocial, rude, and extremely emotionally unavailable. Very sad how he treats emotional disturbed in a patronizing manner.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Best cooperative and understandable doctor. Since the day i walked in he has been nothing but helpful

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Fernando is ok. He is a bit eccentric. I'm not really sure if he was any help

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I've been search my whole life for a psychiatrist that actually listens to and takes the time to properly diagnose and medicate.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Our son has been seeing Dr. Fernando and he has been amazing with him. He has put our sons mental health in a good perspective so he can work toward wellness. We appreciate his years of experience and the time he takes with us and he supports our son and our family while we are going through this time.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Fernando for 13 yrs now for panic disorder/generalized anxiety disorder. I have not been improving over the years and find him to be just OK. All appointments do seem like he's always in a hurry, doesn't really listen to your concerns. I am in the process of second assessment to see if I'm receiving proper treatment.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Horrible man and even worse doctor. Unethical, egotistical, arrogant and rude.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Don't like him, he was very rushed, just prescribes medication and you are out, I was very disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Fernando for 20 years. He prescribed 20 different anti-depressants during this time. I tried all of them. He then diagnosed me as Bipolar. He prescribed various mood-stabilizers. Nothing helped me. I stopped seeing Dr. Fernando in April, 2012. At my last visit he prescribed Ritalin. That was the last straw. I trusted him. He told me he could help me. He did not listen to my concerns at all! All he did was prescribe medication. He told me that I wasn't responding to treatment. He never suggested taking an MRI or a Cat Scan, to rule out a possible neurological disregulation. For the past 2 years I have been seeing a Psychologist, I am off of all antidepressants now. We realized, through the results of an MRI and a Cat Scan, that I have PBA - Pseudobulbar Affect, a neurological disregulation of the brain, due to a mini-stroke I experienced at age 18. I am now 41 years old. I am taking Nuedexta for PBA, I am also undergoing Neurobiofeedback weekly.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013