Ratings for Dr. Shung Lee

I was referred to Dr. Lee with a blocked carotid artery. During the initial consultation he very thoroughly explained the condition and my options in a manner that I could understand. He patiently and politely answered my and my wife's questions and then set a date for my carotid endarterectomy. My wife was very pleased with the courtesy he extended to her after the operation by calling her in person to assure her the operation went well. Dr. Lee came to see me on the ward prior to my release from Royal Jubilee. We are very grateful to Dr. lee and recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone seeking his considerable expertise. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Dr. Shung Lee performed varicose vein ligation and thromboject at the Victoria Surgery. Excellent pre op service, Wonderful presence by the staff at the surgery. Excellent post op information to take home. Four days post op and my leg hasn't felt this good in five years.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

suppose to call me for an opening, but never heard from them as I was not willing to pay 4000.- $ for a treatment.........................

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I read the review below, but cannot understand any of the poor ratings, as my experience with Dr. Lee was very positive. I spent a little longer than I wanted in the waiting room, but once it was my turn he took a great deal of time with me, answering all my questions and explaining my condition in great detail. I realized that if he gave all his patients this level of attention, it wouldn't take long for him to 'run a little behind schedule'. I had a varicose vein stripping surgery performed at Victoria Surgery and have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Lee and everybody (from reception to recovery) at Victoria Surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Lee did surgery (both legs) for my painful varicose veins, and each time I have seen him he has been very helpful with explaining what is happening, and what could be done. He seems very thorough, and the surgeries and recovery both went well. I was gratified that any questions or issues that I had post surgery were fully answered personally by him on the phone, and the scarring is very minimal. I am grateful for his skill and attention to detail, and am almost pain free after more than 30 years of feeling hopeless about it.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I blocked up 4 months after surgery and blocked up instantly. Told he won't do anything cause I smoke which I quit before surgery and wasn't prescribed any thinners. This dr does not care about his patients

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr.Lee is an amazing surgeon and he performed an excellent surgery on my varicose vein.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Decisive in action and direct with information. Remains pleasant through adversity of circumstance and environment. Confident.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Lee after I suffered an upper arm clot related to thoracic outlet syndrome at age 25. He can be a man of few words (which may come across as rude) and was late for my 2 appointments with him, but when it came down to disentangling my vein from my first rib, he got the job done, preserving gross function in my hand. As a note, I waited 8 months for this surgery in the public system after having a clot, if I had had the opportunity to pay to have my surgery done faster (to limit pain, swelling, activity restriction, further vein damage, and ongoing clotting risk) I would have done so.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

8 days after my vein surgery At Victoria surgery. Im Doing good I think :) Looking forward to getting staples out of my leg and stitches dissolved from my groin. Im glad I am able to take two weeks off thou. I will comment again in a month. I was treated very good with all staff and dr's and nurses ect during my stay at the Victoria Surgery.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014