Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Michaelson

Dr. michaelson and his staff are wonderful, caring compassionate people and iam so sorry he is retiring. God Bless

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

The finest , most compassionate physician I have encountered. Humane and brilliant.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr Richard Michaelson and his staff are first class. Taking time to explain items and making one feel really worthwhile. Great physician

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr. Michaelson is compassionate, understanding, professional and knowledgable. My first consultation with him was scheduled at 3 pm on a Friday in July and He spent over 2 1/2 hours with me, explaining things, answering questions and making sure I was comfortable with his recommendations. Chemo was no picnic, but he made it tolerable. His staff was wonderful as well. Two years after finishing chemo, I still see him since I am on medications and he continues to be the best doctor I have ever met.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Absolutely love him.......nobody could ask for a kinder,more compassionate doctor to have on your side. I absolutely believe that I am alive today due to his dilligent care .I feel as though I'm one of the luckiest women to have found him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Won't do "second" opinions, won't treat stage iv breast cancer so a woman can stay in her home. Seems to take on patients who only have some financial or other connection. 1st time around, had woman buy a home to be treated by him, then refused to take care of hrr after the closing. Cancer spread because chemo couldn't be given on schedule because of distances to travel for it. At stage 4, he still holds grudge, so patient has to go over an hour away for treatment. Don't be fooled by reviews, not all breast cancer patients get fair and equal treatment at St. Barnabas.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

Really great doctor and a really nice person. I did not need chemo - I see him twice a year because of medication. Very well informed; takes his time and open to discussing any concerns that you may have. Down to earth. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

I had to wait about a month for an appointment but it was well worth the wait. I was totally disgusted with another oncology office and had to make a move. Dr. Michaelson is compassionate, caring and understanding. I was amazed on how brilliant he is and how he treated me like an individual. When he wanted clarity on one of my lab reports, he actually called the lab while I was there. I never felt rushed and he took the time to explain everything and my options. If I didn't understand, he was patient to explain it again. I only waited about 10 minutes and could not believe how apologetic he was. He treated me like an individual and not a number like I felt at the other oncologist office in Morristown. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Michaelson is amazing! Resourceful, caring, and on top of all latest research. Once in a while you may have to wait, but considering the time and care he provides each patient-it's worth it!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Michaelson and his staff. His compassionate care saw me through chemotheraphy and all my post-treatment visits. I continue to see him fir follow-up visits and count myself truly blessed to have him as my doctor. He sets a new standard for medical professionals--always taking time to discuss and resolve any health issues or concerns you may have. There are few doctors who are more caring than Dr. Michaelson. I would follow him to the ends of the earth.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Richard A. Michaelson's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Multiplan