Ratings for Dr. Elliott N. Schwartz

Dr Schwartz is a good doctor but Patty, his nurse/receptionist, is horrible. It wouldn't seem hard to ask a patient to wait for the doctor or show them to the waiting room, but she is so rude that it makes the whole visit unpleasant. And don't try to call her - she is worse on the phone. One time she was so impolite to me that I started to wonder if I had offended her - but then I observed her hostility towards another patient and concluded that she is just ill-tempered - or maybe burned out. Even other doctors offices have admitted to me that they can't stand dealing with her! The problem is that she is Dr Schwartz's wife. I'm sure that she would have been fired years ago under any other circumstance. Too bad, because I like Dr Schwartz - but its really not worth dealing with Patti to see him.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

This doctor was recommended by two other doctors I respect, but after my experiences with him and his office, I'm beginning to wonder if they were just his friends and unfamiliar with his practice. He sent me out for a battery of tests for bizarre possibilities, and then I had trouble finding out the results because scheduling an appointment with him (his office was only open maybe three days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day, including 45 minutes in the afternoon--ridiculous times) was almost impossible. No sooner did he send me out for those weird tests (unrelated to my complaints), then ordered another set, and still another.Eventually NOTHING was found. My family became very suspicious because he looked like he was just rooting around for unusual medical conditions. Also, his "staff" is his wife, who was nasty and unresponsive. I could never get reports sent to me, or information on reports, even when another doctor requested this. Despite his fancy background, avoid him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2006

Dr. Elliott N. Schwartz's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1969)

AARP