Ratings for Dr. Kaetan Patel

Dr. Patel ran a pill mill pure and simple. My last appointment with him I was informed that the practice was closing. No warning beforehand. No mention of where my medical records would be and how would I be able to obtain a copy. When I informed my family doctor of this fact he was none too pleased. He decided to do some investigating and asked around. Apparently Dr. Patel was well known for starting a practice, keeping it going for 2 to 3 years and then packing up and leaving. When I called the college of physcians and surgeons to inquire about my medical records. even they did't know where he went. As far as I'm concered the faster the R.C.M.P. get a hold of him the better.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Patel ran a Lidocaine Clinic, it was basically an assembly line.. some patients were poked with IV needles as many as 5 or 6 times to get a "good vein".. leaving a clinic with 6 holes and tape over them was common. Inexperienced staff, great turnover. Dr. Patel although a "Pain Clinic" Dr. - regularly prescribed anti psychotic meds.. when I asked why he was prescribing them? I was told "they'll make you feel better" I could see a Psychiatrist prescribing these meds after long consultations with me, but Dr. Patel never saw me for more than 30 seconds.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Patel for 4 years, first as a patient of his family practice and now as a patient in his pain management program. I too had to find a new GP and was given plenty of notice of him leaving his family practice. I find it hard to believe that some of his patients feel they were not given any notice because I know for a fact that it was posted on almost every wall and his transition to close his family practice continued for a year or more. The Circle of Care staff work together to put their patients care at the forefront. They take the time to address my concerns and Dr. Patel goes above and beyond to explain my pain issues as well as any health issues, although sometimes not related. He genuinely has my best interest in mind and has guided me in the right direction on better nutrition and supplements to improve my condition which has helped so much with my energy level and cognative function. Wait times have been long at times, but they are improving.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012