Ratings for Dr. Allan Beggs

Dr Beggs just fix what Dr Ekon butchered in my mother's back. He's looking after her far better as well. Definitely one of the best surgeons in Regina.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr Beggs is my back surgeon,just recently Dr Beggs had fused my back Iam amazed at how well I am doing. I would recommend Dr Beggs to everyone as he is an amazing surgeon he knows his stuff to me he gave me my life back I thank him deeply I am only 40 and he helped me for the last 6 years as I was hurt at work not only is Dr Beggs a great surgeon he cares he has helped me as far as literature I needed when I was being bullied by my insurers I will not mention who this is but I know you would know I felt Dr Beggs not only rose to this problem he made it right! He is brilliant I can't say enough about him but I thank him and my family finally has their wife and mother back after 6 years of massive pain! The day of surgery when I opened my eyes and all my leg pain was gone I could have leapt in the air!What a change Dr Beggs is an inspiration a great surgeon and a real person he listens and treats you like a person not a number just remember this when seeking medical advice from a surgeon Dr Beggs has stuck with me and solved a lot of my problems Thank you Again Dr Beggs

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

It has been a year now since Dr Beggs performed a double discectomy and fused my C-5 to C-7 and I can't say enough about the professionalism and skill this man brings literally to the table. I still have some residual nerve pain but without the much needed surgery, I believe the pain I was enduring would have rendered me unable to work or perform everyday tasks. Thank you Dr Beggs and staff for giving me back a pain free life as well as the Nearly 3/4 if an inch in height that I lost! I would highly recommend Dr Beggs to anyone in need of similar surgery, you will be in the greatest of hands!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

He might be a great surgeon. But has terrible bed side manors. He doesnt take time to explain to his patients. Barks out his thoughts. Cuts other medical staff down. Not friendly. Maybe short man syndrome

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Dr.Beggs has a serious god complex. He makes choices based on 2 minute interview without looking at anything or any real in depth questions. When i was there he was much more interested in flirting with his intern then dealing with his actual patient. . If you dare ask any questions he gets very impatient. He would have been a good doctor in 1940, but today he is out of place. Better to do nothing then put your life in this man's hands. Avoid avoid avoid if you value your health.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I was referred to Dr Beggs for lower back pain that was radiating down my right leg. He was very proficient and determined it was a herniated disc that was causing the pain. I felt well cared for and very pleased with the results after the surgery was completed. Dr Beggs explained the procedure and the importance of the after care exercise program. Regina is fortunate to have such a capable surgeon who has also operated on my sister-inlaw and good friend both of whom are very pleased with the outcome and were able to return to active lifestyles very soon after the surgery. Thanks Dr Beggs for being such a caring and proficient doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I am writing to let you know if you are going to see Dr. Beggs you are meeting a Doctor with a GOD complex he has no compassion or understanding of his patient. He had preformed surgery on me in January 2013 and now I still have worse symptoms than I had before . Dr. Beggs first blamed the medication that he prescribed to be the problem (causing me pain) now today it was because I wasent seen fast enough and diagnosed but it was him to diagnose me and I did not get proper physiotherapy after surgery but he was the one to send me for that and also received notice that Wcb was cutting my benefits off. But it was my responsibility to get my own physiotherapy and pay for my self which I could not afford with no benefits. Now Dr. Beggs has told me I have chronic pain and will have to live with my injury he can do nothing for me But he is making me go to physiotherapy for intense therapy to put me in more pain I guess So my life is now restricted and I am to young for a hip replacement .

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

I found him to very thorough, easy to talk to and very knowledgable.explained that the only solution to my problem was surgery, did not push it said to come back if I and when I was ready. Wonderful manner.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012