Ratings for Dr. Chris Schell

My husband and I have been with Dr Schell since moving to Barrie 6 years ago. While overall we would have agreed with the previously posted comments for the first 5 years, I had an issue about a year ago which was a game changer for me. My husband reached his limit this morning. I'll try to keep this to the facts so you can make an informed decision for yourself. A year ago or so I broke my everyday glasses. I was a couple of months shy of full insurance coverage so since I had bought them there within two years prior, I just asked for the gal I take a couple of minutes and try and find frames that would suffice till my coverage was good to go. I made it very clear I didn't care what they looked like, no restrictions, anything would send me away happy and I would return in a couple months for new ones courtesy of my great insurance plan. The gal didn't so much as blink before saying, "I couldn't possibly find anything, there's way too many back there". When I said I was going in to work on midnight that night and would have to drive with my prescription sunglasses, she just looked at me. I had no choice but to pick frames, pay for them and leave. I didn't even try them on just found ones similar what I had. When I got home in the morning I was in tears as I scared myself to death driving on that highway! My husband went in to the office, told the gal the exact same story I had, she went into the back and had new glasses for him to leave with within a half hour. Now today, he goes in as he's broken his metal frames in the corner. Same deal, insurance kicks in 2 months from now. He asks her to just try gluing it and if it holds it holds, if not oh well "guess I'm looking for new ones" (with a laugh). Her instanteous response is, you didn't get the frames here just the lens, I can't fix them. Clearly meaning it's because they weren't purchased there but yes they would have been fixed if he had of bought them there. Now let's be clear, since we have an insurance plan, if those everyday glasses of his weren't bought there and just the lens, then he spent the rest of his insurance allowance on either prescription sunglasses or readers, or both on that occasion. Didn't mean to go on and on but in the interest of full disclosure didn't want to leave anything out. The previous comments are true, we too, never had an issue when it came to regular visits but that's the easy stuff, we'll search out an office where we feel valued as customers.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Nothing but good stuff to say about Dr. Schell and his staff at both locations. Highly recommend if you are having any eye issues.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr Schell is excellent with children. we had our 3 and 5 year olds in for exams and they loved it... he was very helpful and the staff is so friendly.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Fabulous in every aspect of eye care. Whole staff is extremely helpful and caring

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Outstanding treatment throughout the entire experience. Doctor Schell and his staff are fantastic.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Chris is an excellent doctor who diagnosed my serious eye condition. I literally owe my eyesight to him. The staff is wonderful, courteous and helpful. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Fabulous friendly staff. They know their stuff, take the time to listen and answer every question. Dr. Chris is caring and I learned alot about my vision that I never knew before. I will definitely go back. And I have referred my friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Schell is an excellent doctor. I had a piece of plastic in my eye and after going to various clinics who could not help me, he took the time and extracted the small piece. He is knowledgeable and thorough...a great guy!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Dr. Chris Schell's Credentials

• Univ Waterloo Optom (Grad. 2003)

Ameritas