Ratings for Dr. Laurence Biro

Dr. Biro provided me excellent treatment for a nagging shoulder problem. He listened to my concerns very well and provided empathy in addition to quality health care.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Did not feel he listened to my history in order to make accurate/knowledgable diagnosis. Did not feel he LISTENED to me as a human being or a patient, did not feel he had any empathy for my condition or empathy for my frustration with not knowing what was exactly wrong. He expressed his medical opinion that I did not have athlete's foot with no culture to prove otherwise. When asked for medications, he opened a pharmaceutical textbook right in front of me and asked me what I wanted as he wasn't comfortable prescribing oral anti fungals. He could not explain reasons for not wanting to prescribe anti fungals beyond the reason's I already knew (possible liver damage). If he reads this, he would be wise to learn from this experience, and learn to listen to his patients history and learn to provide empathy for their ailments as it is obvious he is a new practicing doctor.

Submitted June 3, 2013