Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Medwell

Where to start with Dr. Medwell... Beyond taking three weeks and multiple calls to get my results from my surgery back, he also shared personal information to family members without my consent. He made it all informed decisions in our operation and Leslie left out a very basic test that should have been one of the first things that he tested. I'm lucky I sought a second opinion because my results were critical to my overall health. He's an old white dude. If you are too you'll probably get along otherwise I would try to find someone more progressive and kind . His reputation in the medical community per my internist is not great.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Thank you UOAA for supporting Ostomy United​ in the Lake Meridian Triathlon​ Sunday. We took the medal stand 3 times winning the Women's Olympic distance and sprint relay as well as placing second in the men's sprint tri, 60-70 age group. More importantly, your support helped us to achieve our goal of inspiring those in need of inspiration by allowing us to show those with ostomies that there is nothing we can't do!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Medwell took the time to explain the situation in detail and made sure I understood what it was that he was saying and spent time answering the questions that I had.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Dr Medwell is an outstanding physician and top colon expert in my view. He cares seriously about me as a patient and he is always encouraging and positive. He takes time to explain my symptoms and care. He makes referrals to other top physicians, and once we are at the top we stay there. For me, diagnosed a rare kind of cancer that was previously misdiagnosed. He helped me obtain effective treatment for this stage 4 cancer and I have survived more than seven years since the treatment. I owe my life to Dr. Medwell and the fine team of coordinating physicians he recommends. If you are uncomfortable with the sort of exams and other personal invasions associated with the colon, this doctor is a an excellent choice. He knows his work and makes me feel comfortable in clinical situations that would otherwise be embarrassing.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Steven J. Medwell's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)