Ratings for Dr. Amitava Dutta Chowdhury

Extremely knowledgeable, and compassionate!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Chowdhury is an excellent radiation oncologist. He knows what he is doing and is very efficient at it. Certainly my results following radiation therapy attest to his knowledge and proficiency. He is pleasant and communicates clearly and precisely.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I have seen this person for almost 2 years. I have never met a doctor with worse bedside manner than him. When I see him on my regular appointments, he simply asks me my name and proceeds to read off his computer all of my PSA readings. When I ask him a question he simply says what he wants to say and does not answer the question. When I tell him he did not answer my question he gets annoyed and starts reciting simple cancer protocol and leaves the room not saying if I need to come back or make another appointment or even a simple goodbye. I have cancer and I think we deserve better than being treated this way. I pray no one else has to see him if you have cancer.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Had Bracitherapy. I believe he is excellent at his work. I had complications after due to the cathator. From Regina, I returned to Winnipeg a month later for check up. He didn't seem to have time for me and did not answer any of my questions. The only answers I got to my questions were " everyone is different " and " yes, that can happen". I have had appointments with him over teleconferences - it was more of the same. He gave me those same 2 answers, and interrupted any time I tried to speak. I would recommend him for the surgery, but be prepared to be annoyed about his poor bedside manner, and him being annoyed about you asking questions - you won't get an answer anyway.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Caring, compassionate, and always takes the time to ensure that all of our questions are answered.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013