Ratings for Dr. Marta Aizenman

I have been seeing Dr. Aizenman for about 4 years now. She has helped me greatly in overcoming residual issues from childhood, daily stress (stress management), interpersonal relationship issues, etc. From the moment I called her to schedule the initial appointment, I liked her voice. I'm glad to say that my instincts about her were correct. She has great insight regarding the issues I bring up during our sessions. She does not make me feel judged, devalued, etc. when I bring up my struggles. I find her overall approach to counseling very comforting and helpful. I don't have to censor myself when I am around her & I have complete faith that whatever I say will be accepted and remain confidential. (And I would know since this is the only psychologist that I felt comfortable seeing over a long period of time. ) She is also very accommodating regarding insurance issues, etc. I also love going to Princeton area to see her & being able to see her in Highland Park when necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Aizenman.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I would not recommend her at all. I met her at a time when I was pretty low down and though the first couple of meetings were kind of neutral to positive.. I found her difficult to understand. The sessions were ramblings.. she never took down any notes on what I had shared with her and almost always forgot the details, so, much of the session was wasted on repeating information. She also has a funny way of responding with a "hmmm" sound to many things.. that can become distracting to unpleasant. Also, I could not get any real insight from her.. it was the typical response that you would read on any forum regarding stress issues. I went to her for more than one month and I would have to admit that it was wasted. I have since moved to another therapist and I find her to be immensely better. Also, I agree with the other reviewers comments about hygiene(no hand pump soap/paper towels in her bathroom) and access to her office.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

My experience with her was horrendous. When I set up my first appointment, she never told me we couldn't meet in her Highland Park office which was near me. When I asked for the address, she told me we were meeting in Princeton. I asked if we'd be able to meet in Highland Park in the future and she said "to come and we'll discuss." I should have cancelled right then, but I gave it a chance. The answer about Highland Park was basically no (unless I rearrange my work schedule). I had to email her twice to find out where to park and her instructions were not clear. When I rang the doorbell, she didn't answer. I rang twice and called her phone and she didn't answer. I rang again. I saw her come down and ignore me. I rang a 4th time and she came to the door and lectured me saying I couldn't come into her house. Apparently, there was a side door that clients use to enter. She never told me this before. She brought me to the side door and left me outside while she went to unlock it. I used the bathroom and discovered she didn't have a soap pump. Using the same hand soap bar as her other clients is a health hazard. I had asked her sone questions about her counseling practice prior to meeting with her and she never gave me straight answers. At the end of the session, I learned she doesn't accept FSA cards so now I'm going to have to file a claim with my FSA company myself. Therapists are supposed to help you, but she has made my life more difficult.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Marta Aizenman's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.