Ratings for Dr. Helen Mesaros

Dr Mesaros is a horrendous doctor. She double and triple books people if they've cancelled a previous appointment. She doesn't renew prescriptions on time and lets people go days without their medications if they are unable to see her. She judges people based on looks and weight. She also shares other patients stories with you.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Doctor Mesaros is horrible. She yelled at me for missing an appointment when a family member died. She got mad when I missed appointments even though I called to cancel them. She just never checks her messages.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

She's one of the worst doctors i've seen. She's distant, rushes you, judgmental, talks down to you. Doesn't make you feel welcome. Makes you feel like just a number.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I've seen a number of psychiatrists and psychologists and I've never been helped until Dr. Mesaros. No she does not return calls, not sure why, but she's not hard to reach. I think it was just a great match. Her approach is less "what do you think" than "this is what I think", but I prefer that, as she's the doctor. I will be sad when she retires.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Does not like to discuss opinions other than her own and likes to use her authority to to get compliance. I felt like a number put into the hospital statistics

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Mesaros monthly for a couple of years. In my limited experience with psychiatrists I thought she was excellent. Her simplicity and common sense were reassuring. She saw me through my transition from illness to remission. I'm happier for the experience.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have had nothing but a wonderful experience with Dr. Mesaros. She is kind and giving and truly goes out of her way to spend the time with you. She is "old school" in that she doesn't really do answering machines or use any type of technology. I find this endearing. I would highly recommend her. She is a very unique Psychiatrist-very accessible in a profession that is often stereotyped as "cold" or "distant" from the patient.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I found she does not return calls which was frustrating for her patients.Also, she was not very thorough with her discharge planning. When I was discharged from her care, she did not provide me with the proper medical information to ensure that I maintained good health.This was very concerning and frustrating. I was discharged from her care without any information on my aftercare and whether my current medication should continue or even a follow-up note sent to GP to advise them as to what would be the follow-up to ensure my continue good health.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

I am not sure whether I can recommend as I did not see her very long. She seems polite but rather distant, and her appts I think are too short and availability infrequent.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012