Nathalie Xian Yi Yan, PhD

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Nathalie Xian Yi Yan, PhD

Extremely disappointed with the attitude of Nathalie! As a patient I did not feel any compassion or empathy from her.

Submitted May 29, 2018

To who may concern. I have been seeing Nathalie Yan for 8 years, off and on, various services. She has been a great blessing to my health. For me, she has incredible insight into my physical issues and my mind and I’m so extremely grateful to her always. It is with great comfort to know she is most definitely the person for me to see when I come down with any health problems. She is so nice and compassionate how she takes the time to hear my health concerns in a world that is too busy for individual attention. Please find it in your heart for Nathalie to continue to hear great mission of health for helping people in need. Yours truthfully, N.C. To whom it may concern, I have been seeing Nathalie Yan for 8 years, off and on, for various services. She has been a great blessing for my health. For me, she has incredible insight into my physical issues and mind and I'm so extremely grateful to her always. It is with great comfort to know she is most definitely the person for me to see when I come down with any health problems. She is so nice and compassionate how she takes the time to hear health concerns in a world that is too busy for individual attention. Please find it in your heart for Nathalie to continue to hear great mission of health for helping people in need. Yours truthfully, N.C.

Submitted March 31, 2018

Initially Nathalie was very warm, friendly and encouraging. Within a few visits her behavior changed radically. Any questions I asked made her angry. She lectured me extensively about how the only thing in her practice that mattered was her family honor, NOT her patients. She only wanted to talk about money, how much of a favor she was doing me and how much everything ought to cost. She refused to write up receipts for her services even though she had repeatedly promised to give me receipts. She refused to give me acupuncture even though that was the whole reason I had gone for treatment and she had told me that acupuncture could help me and that she could cure my condition in 1 or 2 visits. She only wanted to sell me pills, lots of pills, that weren't in original packaging. She wouldn't tell me what the pills were and instructed me to not try to find out. My last appointment with her left me upset and confused. I couldn't understand what had happened to the Nathalie that I had first met, and who this angry, irrational woman was. I can't believe how much money she soaked me for before I realized what she was really about. Customers beware!

Submitted March 5, 2018

I have personally known Nathalie for almost 16 years in the capacities of co-worker and friend. Among people, Nathalie is a gem and a blessing to all who are lucky enough to meet her. Nathalie is intelligent, kind, compassionate, hardworking, and above all, a force of good on this planet. Nathalie has an unwavering desire to do good for people and improve their lives in any way she can, even if she has to make some self-sacrifice in order to do it. Nathalie never hesitates to help someone even if it puts her out of money. Nathalie has a family history in Chinse medicine. Chinese medicine has a history of over thousand years. Our Western world don’t know the terms that are used in Chinese and the English language lacks the nomenclature to be able to even judge the process that Nathalie employs is very comparable to those who judged Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis because they couldn’t conceive what a germ is. While we wait for Western medicine to understand how Nathalie is doing things that work and saves lives, she already understands how they work and uses her knowledge to save people. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Given what is evident to all who love the truth and to all who have not sold themselves out at the expense of others, the only pray I can give is hoping that God always keeps our country glorious and free. B.D.

Submitted January 1, 2018

I became aware of Nathalie offering tcm medicine through searching on line. I came to visit her a week ago with a history of hypertension. Blood pressure running at 180/90 and unable to have a good nights sleep and experiencing some abdominal pain. I had two heart attacks and four stents inserted a few years ago. After a week of taking the prescribed tcm medicine I am already noticing an improvement in sleep and rest, more clarity, less pain and stabilizing of my blood pressure readings. I am looking forward to continueing with this treatment as I am finding it beneficial.

Submitted October 17, 2017

I met Nathalie Xian Yi Yan 3 years ago and since then I've continue to see her for all my health needs to this day. In a world where going visiting your doctor is met with only listening to one ailment at a time and having very little time for you. In most cases you spend more time in the waiting room then speaking to your doctor. It was refreshing to being able to speak to Nathalie about everything that was happening to me, she listen, treated me like a person, rather than a number. Instead to putting a bandaid on the illness she tailor my treatment specifically to me. This I didn't think was possible until I meet Nathalie. I'm beyond grateful to her. My health has drastically improved since I've starting seeing her. She is amazing at what she does and I pray God continue to bless her with the knowledge to continue her great work, she's passionate about keeping her clients healty. Thank you Nathalie Xian Yi Yan. Vanessa Thompson Grateful customer

Submitted October 11, 2017

Nathalie is a loving, caring, and compassionate person who has greatly helped me to overcome my health challenges. I highly reccomend to go see Nathalie!

Submitted September 28, 2017

I am 66 years of age and work full-time and thanks to Nathalie . years ago I could not go up and down the stairs. after Jurvinski Hospital doctors and expertise reviewed the risk of my knee pain after a possible surgery I turned to Nathalie for Chinese medicine and Acupuncture. Nathalie gives all of her effort to her patients and also to the community. She is a great role model for anyone to follow. Nathalie is one of the biggest Giver I have ever met. I'm honored to know this wonderful soul.

Submitted August 21, 2017

I injured seriously two years ago from a car accident. I have pain around my neck, shoulder and tingling left arm and left leg. I can not sleep well. Overall I can not move my neck easily and if I use phone little longer I feel so much mussel pain. My pain was here and there. I pray to God help me one day. I knew nathalie from my Burlington friend and made a next day appointment. She offered a free acupuncture because I told her I lost my job years ago. Her offer to me was my answer of the long time pray. I started acupuncture and today is my third visit. Her knowledge and treatment is very best so far I experience. I am so thankful and whoever suffers that kind of pain like me, I recommend strongly. Nathalie. God blessl.

Submitted July 13, 2017

I came to see Nathalie two months ago for my anxiety and sleeping issues and she is helping me with traditional Chinees medicene. I already see improvement and she is very helpful . I am glad i came to see her.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Nathalie Xian Yi Yan, PhD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

We follow the basic TCM theory to investigate and diagnose individual health related issues which mainly focus on the physical, but integrate all aspects of the person. Our office treats Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular, Endocrine related, Respiratory, Immune System, Dermatological, Genitourinary, Reproductive, Mental and Emotional issues, Aging and Recovery from illness and surgery. We offer the treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal and neurological pain through Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

• English
  • Chinese

• Liaoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Grad. 2013)

• Heartburn
  • Bed-wetting
  • Gestational diabetes
  • Fever
  • Nail fungus
  • Ear infection (middle ear)
  • Viral gastroenteritis (stomach flu)
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Athlete's foot
  • Osteoarthritis
  • Sjogren's syndrome
  • Spinal cord injury
  • Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
  • Traumatic brain injury
  • Back pain
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Heart attack
  • Grand mal seizure
  • Alzheimer's disease

• Distinguish Woman in Health YWCA 2006 Hamilton
  • Nominee Citizen of the Year 2005 Hamilton

• San Jiao and its Biofunction- theory and clinical research ( 2013 )
  • Chronic Prostatitis and Traditional Chinese Medicine ( 2008 )
  • Acupuncture and IVF / IVU Comparison for Infertility ( 2009 )
  • Respiratory and Digestion System together build body Acquired Constitution ( 2005 )
  • San Jiao - a Viscera of body’s Biggest Irrigation System ( 2006 )
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Acupuncture (2008)
  • Acupuncture in San Jiao System ( 2007 )
  • TCM with Western Medicine for Chronic Pain ( 2009)