Ratings for Dr. Zahi Touma

Dr. Touma is very knowledgeable and empathetic. He is very current and up to date with evidence based practice. He is able to ask the right questions and takes the time to address emotions that come along with having a chronic disease (lupus) . He is a great active listener and is always able to make your situation more positive. I am always more hopeful after leaving an appointment with him. He does have residents, however he will always review their assessments and meet you personally. He is very thorough and a great great great human being!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr. Touma is an excellent rheumatologist and goes out of his way to make sure we are treated fairly. I have had gout for many years and moved to Toronto just over 1 year ago, and the input and advice I have gotten from Dr. Touma has been extremely helpful to manage my condition. He outlines options and potential consequences and gives his advice on the best route. He even checks the rest of our body is okay and referred me to a dermatologist to address my eczema. Excellent doctor that really cares about his patients. Go see him!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr. Touma is is very knowledgeable, nice and kind as a person. He has lots of patience and is more than willing to explain and answer all questions. After diagnosis I was scared, but now he helped me a lot by giving right medication, good advices and explanations, so I feel I am in good hands now. This doctor I highly recomend.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Dr. Touma is the one who put everything together for my A.S. Diagnosis. He is patient, kind, personable and so knowledgeable. I truly wish ALL of my Doctors were the same as he. I was sad to find he had transferred to the Lupus Clinic. They are so lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Very polite and knowledgeable. Was thorough with explanation of diagnosis. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Dr Touma is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr Touma has been treating my lupus for many years. He is extremely thorough, very helpful and knowledgeable. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Very excellent doctor i have been his patience since i came to canada

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have been a patient for 10 years with Dr. Touma and for the past year he and his staff helped through a major flare of my lupus. Dr. Touma was always there to support my treatment .

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Since being diagnosed with lupus in May 2015, Dr. Touma has tried a variety of treatments with me, many of wish have not reacted well with my fragile system. The best thing about Dr. Touma, is that he knows as soon as a treatment plan is not right, and he ALWAYS finds an alternative treatment plan. His biggest goal in my opinion is keeping his patients out of pain, and ensuring that they understand all aspects of thier disease. Highly reccomend seeing Dr. Touma, even if you have another rheumatologist. (second opinions are very helpful in finding the right diagnosis in autoimmune diseases)

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016