Ratings for Dr. Scott Charlton

Horrible listener, doesn’t offer any information that a reasonable person wouldn’t already know. Doesn’t seem to really care and is generally looking for a quick solution to get you out of his office rather than actually solve the problem at hand. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

I have seriously considered reporting this doctor to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. I was referred back to him when my psychiatrist recommended going off 3 psychiatric meds in exchange for 1. Dr. Charlton gave me no timeline to wean myself off these meds so I came off a psych med I had been on for over 5 years in 2 weeks. I went through major withdrawal and developed severe akathesia (restlessness), severe insomnia and my depression returned. When I went back to see him, his response was lackadaisical. I ended up checking into a psychiatric hospital the following week, where I remained for 5 months. He clearly has no understanding of psych meds. I am in the process of switching doctors.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

. He is incredibly approachable, kind and seems to truly care about my health and well-being. I feel very comfortable with him. He also made helpful recommendations that my previous doctors had not. He is very timely and the office (Dawson Road) is run very well.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017