Ratings for Dr. Shehan Abey

I have had two colonoscopies through Dr Shehan Abey and found him professional and I felt confident in his care. No pain or discomfort afterwards. He also participates in access gap which is great because I only had to pay the excess to my health fund. The first time I went through Medicare as I didn't have health insurance and found the care to be of the same quality, just a longer wait. He recommended I continue on iron tablets for my low iron and I had to stress that this was not suitable for me ( although this is the recommendation of most doctors) and so he referred me to a haemotologist for an iron infusion. Although he didn't immediately refer me and i had to stress that the iron tablets were difficult to take due to the side effects, he listened to my concerns and treated me with respect - a lot of doctors and pharmacists have talked condescendingly when i try to explain that the side effects prevented me from taking them.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015