Ratings for Dr. Vikram Lekhi

Dr. Lekhi seems like a nice person and has a good manner. But, I was left confused and disappointed after meeting with him. I was referred for cataracts by my Optometrist. He diagnosed me with cataracts but said it would cost around 10000.00 dollars to get them completed in Calgary, but I could go to High River and have them done for free. I asked why I would have to pay in Calgary and I wasn’t given an answer. He seemed to shy away from my direct questions about cataract surgery being covered, why I must pay and how the surgery is carried out and then left quickly. I went back to my Optometrist and told her what happened and she was astounded to hear that I would have to pay for cataract surgery at all. I am now being referred to another Ophthalmologist and wait 2 months to see her. I want to see someone that may be more interested in helping me and not charge me for a surgery that is covered by our government. Please be aware of these tactics.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Lekhi is a very good at explaining procedures and medical conditions. He actually takes time to answer your questions! Rare gem in this day and age.highly recommend. His new office in High River is very nice look for his personal artwork! Very talented individual.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I had surgery from Dr. Lekhi today and trust me when I say he is amazing. The nurses in High River where he did my surgery are very friendly and you feel like a patient not a number in an assembly line. It was a drive to get there but well worth it! He was very kind and gentle. I have had 17 operations in my life, this has had to be one of the best experiences I have had! I was so impressed I am having my son write this review for me to let others know.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I have never seen a surgeon with such a great bedside manner. I had my cataracts done by him and I am 20/20 in both eyes! He is a great surgeon and I was nervous during surgery but talked me through the surgery explaining step by step what he was doing. That helped a lot not to mention he has great music in the operating room. If you listen close you can even hear him sing. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I was very impressed with Dr. Lekhi. I was referred to him because my dr. Had reached his quota for cataract surgeries. If you are looking for an ophthalmologist , I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Very knowledgeable and extremely kind, he is the nicest Doctor I have ever seen. He took his time and explained everything very well, totally put my mind at ease. Amazing Doctor!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Amazing Doctor with the best bedside manner - he is so friendly you forget he is a Doctor!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Willing to answer questions - you never feel rushed. Interactions with me could not have been better.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

One of the few Ophthalmologists in the city who actually takes time and explains things to patients. He has great analogies and I finally after 12 years understand my eye condition! Great Doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Dr. Lekhi was very extensive in explaining my condition. I've been suffering unnecessarily until I received treatment from Dr. Lekhi. He took his time in answering all my questions and I felt very comfortable in continuing treatment with him. I dealt with a few other opthomologists at this clinic and no one impressed me as much Dr. Lekhi!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015