Ratings for Dr. Karen V. Smith

I am still waiting for a referral that was to be in place in October; I called the office first before taking my sick daughter to the ER, had to leave a message, and never recieved a response; electronic prescriptions take hours to appear at the pharmacy; the receptionist continued with her personal phone conversation while I waited for a few minutes. Although the doctor apologizes for delays, she blames the tardiness on the office still working out the kinks of starting a new office...it has been open for over 1 year. My health cannot be subject to that kind of learning curve!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Dr Smith made up for my one hour and 40 minute wait by apologizing for my wait. After that, she lost any hope of my returning. Her "exam" consisted of holding the stethoscope on my chest in two places for less than a full second before stating, "Your heart is good". She listened to my lungs in the posterior position for less than a full inhalation/exhalation cycle, in two places, then pushed on my belly briefly above my pants line while I was seated. As a nursing student, I am well aware of what constitutes heart, lung, and abdomen assessment. Furthermore, I don't believe she read my history as she suggested using caffeine for my water retention. Since I have GERD, this is not a good option for me. In addition the one referral she made, was not ready by the time of my appointment 9 days later(usually only takes 3-5 days), AND, the one prescription she called in, never made it to my pharmacy.Needless to say, I have changed my PCM with TriCare and would not recommend this MD to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012