Ratings for Dr. Greg Sterling

I had ankle fracture and syndesmosis. I could not be happier about choosing Dr Sterling and his team. My wife is a physio and is very impressed by the result of the operation. He listens to you and answers all your questions too. " First class " as my father in law says.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I had an ankle stabilization and debridement procedure done in November 2014. Completed my rehab which was challenging and now back playing football as Dr Sterling promised. It took a full year for it to feel "normal" again which is quite common. I no longer wake up with pain in the morning or after using it for most activities which was caused by the scar tissue. It also dosnt feel like it will "give out" as im walking anymore. He is friendly and makes you feel comfortable, talks everything through with you. His physio simon is a great bloke who affiliates with local afl clubs, so understood my hopes of returning to sport. After surgery care was very good.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

After recently breaking my foot at touch Dr Sterling took great care of me. After explaining the x-rays and MRI to me I felt very comfortable with him to operate. The waiting room was quite busy but I suppose all the good doctors rooms would be the same.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

It's three years since my knee arthroscopy, the most basic of procedures. I walked into the hospital and spent the next three months on crutches because of a botched job that continued to bleed out on the recovery table. Nurses didn't care and were too busy pushing me out in a wheel chair because it was the last surgery of the day and they were off. It took my irate GP to be able to get through to Dr Stirling in person four days later (the Dr's receptionist would only 'take messages' from us). My GP 'advised' Dr Stirling that my lower leg was turning blue and my knee still bleeding out. The next day he finally agreed to take 3/4 cup of blood out of the knee capsule by syringe and proceeded to do so without any local anaesthetic because that, it appears, is his caring nature. I should have taken note of the packed waiting room when I went for my initial consult. I didn't and I blame myself for not doing my own due diligence. If this review stops one person from experiencing anything like my pain then it will have been worth it. For the record, it was 2.5 years before I could go upstairs using both legs and I came within a hair's breath of losing my business because I couldn't drive/travel interstate. I hate the litigious nature of medicine and I was emotionally devastated so in no fit shape to do anything (despite my GP's encouragement) but this was gross incompetence followed by total negligence. Caveat emptor.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015