Ratings for Dr. Jonathan N. Clapp

I have been a patient of Dr. Clapped for 2 plus years now and he is the best! These other posts that are negative is NOT the doctor I see. If you don't work at getting better or take drugs as prescribed, he'll refer you somewhere else. He told me if I didn't stop smoking he wouldn't be able to give me pain medications. That was the motivation I needed because after 5 spine surgeries I do need narcotics to help me get through my day. Don't bash him! I owe him getting my life back and figuring out what nobody else could!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Personally, I have NEVER been treated in such a disrespectful manner by a member of the medical community. I went to him for help. I did not want drugs, I wanted a diagnoses and help. He treated me like I was a drug seeker and/or crazy. And to the person below who has the nerve to pass judgement on someone they don't know anything about, shame on you. There are drug seekers, true, but I am not one and based on how Clapp treated me, I tend to believe the other person isn't either. BUT, even drug seekers deserve to be treated with compassion and respect, not tossed aside like a piece of garbage. He should not be in this field of medicine!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Sounds like the last post is from a another drug addict Dr. Clapp had to kick out! Thanks for making real patients with pain's lives so much more difficult. "Way to go" anonymous poster with a thesaurus.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Jonathan Clapp (I cannot, in all honesty, persuade myself to put such titles as "Dr." or "MD" next to that name) of Colorado Pain Consultants is a very peculiar specimen. I have never, ever witnessed such blatant disrespect, disregard, and neglect towards patients as displayed by this (hopefully) unrepresentative, unique member of the medical community. Even on the East Coast, where you would think you had seen it all, have I not had a dubious pleasure of an encounter of such a striking magnitude. This arrogant, disdainful, condescending, and downright rude individual unmistakably makes so much money that he considers himself far above the Hippocratic Oath nonsense he supposedly took in med school. I had always thought that Clapp-like specimens were a grossly exaggerated myth of TV imagination, but Jonathan has decisively proved me wrong. Way to go, Jonathan!

Submitted March 10, 2016

Found my failed fusion that the surgeon wouldn't admit to! Dr. Clapp is so bright and compassionate but the best thing about him is that he cares about me getting better. He's also the best at giving injections (and I've had a bunch from different docs!).

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Doesn't just do medications. Looks for a REAL diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

He was the first doctor I have ever been to that told me "I work for you. So if you have a need call me. I don't want you to be in pain until your next appointment if we can avoid it." He's simply fabulous and has an excellent understanding of the medication he prescribes.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

He works with you. Doesn't just push pills. First doctor who found out what was really wrong. Great doc!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

No really impressed. Dealing with him for two years and he pushed me off on someone else because I have so many medical issues. I am looking for someone new, someone who will listen and care. No one should have to be in pain after a fourth back surgery in a two year period. Three time I have had to wait a week for pain medications. I would like to see him have his back sliced open up to his shoulders and have to wait for relief. Not really happy with him.........

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr Clapp is the best pain management Dr I've ever dealt with. He not only gave me the relief I needed for my back including arranging for the other needed treatments including 4 surgeries, he also managed and coordinated all my pain management needs through a 2 year bout of oral cancer with other doctors at other practices. He did not have to do this, it was on his time to come to several different hospitals through surgeries. If he had not done this, I would not have had the proper post op medications needed. His level of care and understanding is rare in this age of medicine.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014