Ratings for Dr. Robert Kalimi

My second attempt to post this. Dr Kalimi was great. Replaced my wife's mitral valve. At first a bit reluctant to not go to a big city hospital but Dr Kalimi and South Side exceeded all our expectations. His staff was and those in ICU and 4th floor cardiac were terrific. Northwell is spending a huge sum of money to make South Side a tier one hospital. No need to for the inconvenience to travel into New York City when South Side is so convenient for Long Islanders. A few of our closest friends are doctors who visited Linda frequently in the hospital and they too where impressed by Dr Kalimi's skill as a top notch surgeon and the high level of care she was given by all the staff. Regards, Frank & Linda Mavronicolas

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Dr. Kalimi performed a quad cardiac bypass for me on 6/21/18. He is an extremely professional no nonsense type of man, which for me being a retired FDNY Lieutenant means a great deal. The surgery went like clockwork, and I only spent four days after in the hospital. I am recovering at a rapid rate with no complications whatsoever. The follow up visit with him went the same way. He answered all my questions firmly and clearly. I have trusted this gentleman with my life, and would do it again if need be. The same goes for the entire cardiac staff at Southside hospital. Thank you all, Cath floor, ICU, and third floor staff. John McInerney

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

My mom was the strongest woman I have ever know January 23,2018 the day that changed my strength in minutes . As at 530 Pm I suffered from@a mini stroke do to a very defected aortic valve .. I knew what was happening so when heard code stoke I knew it was me . The next few days as I left and went to meet the the most amazing doctor that saved me ..... Dr Robert Kalimi ! He and his entire team have taught me what medicine in some people eyes is still real...... Dr Kalimis staff that he works with left such an impressive impression on me that I will never ever forget . From his Lena to all his nursing staff Gary your priceless to Kim his NP thanks for holding my hand! To everyone that changed my outlook on medicine I will never ever forget how you helped me over this month .... Megan, Lindsay, Brian ,Vanessa , Rose , Louise, Michelle and all the nurses on the second and forth floor of Southside hospital ..... your beyond professional ... I would travel across the world if that’s where you moved just to have you as my surgeon . Thank you again for being you , Dr Kalimi .

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I had elective open heart surgery for a mitral valve prolapse repair. Dr. Kalimi was highly recommended by my cardiologist. Once I researched Dr. Kalimi and then met him I knew I was in the right hands. I had no need to "shop" around for a surgeon. He answered all questions and took the time to make sure my husband and I knew exactly what he was going to do. The operation was performed at Southside Hospital which has become one of the top heart hospitals in the area. Everyone I came in contact was extremely knowledgeable and professional. I could tell i was being cared for by the Best. The Cardiac ICU staff was spectacular. I have deep respect for that staff - they operate 24/7 at the top of their game. When i got moved to the heart floor, all of the nurses and PA's were also top notch. All i can say is that I am very grateful that i went to Dr Kalimi and Southside Hospital in Bayshore. If you listen to everything they tell you to do, you will get out of the hospital quickly and recover quickly. It is just two weeks after my open heart surgery and no one can believe how fast i am recovering. Word of advice - if you have time and are able definitely physically get in the best health you can. Do your situps. Strengthen your core. This is not easy surgery but you can be out of the hospital in 4 days and walking a mile in a week if you listen and put effort into your recovery. There is no other hospital or Doctor that i would choose for my friends and family other than Dr. Kalimi and Southside Hospital in Bayshore.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

When we learned that our 88 year old mother needed heart bypass surgery we were fortunate to know Dr. Robert Kalimi, as he had successfully performed similar surgery on our father in 2008. Not only is Dr. Kalimi an excellent surgeon, he is also compassionate and caring. He explained everything and put our minds at ease. We were confident the outcome would be positive. Dr. Kalimi and his team at Southside Hospital are the best. It has now been 5 weeks and our mom is almost back to her old energetic self. Thank you, Dr Kalimi.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Mitral valve repair at Southside - awesome surgeon!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

I was directed to Dr. Kalimi by my cardiologist. I had severe mitral valve prolapse. I was assured he was one of the best surgeons in NY for this procedure (heart valve repair), and his work proves that he is the best, as he was assuring me that I am young enough (62) that things would work out well. It was repaired rather than replaced, as replacement can sometimes cause problems with the body rejecting it. And a replacement would have needed to be replaced again in 18 years. His repair work was second to none, as each and every time I've been tested, the nurses were amazed at the results. His staff has treated me with the utmost respect. The therapist at the hospital was impressed that I did not need help walking on the second day after the operation. The scar is very minimal, considering that they had to cut the rib cage down the center. I got stronger each and every day, and I'm itching to go back to work, which I will be shortly. Thank you, Dr. Kalimi for your professionalism. I would recommend his services to anyone in that situation.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Kalimi by my Cardiologist, Marc Kirschner, of 25 years. I had aortic valve and a mitral valve open heart surgery in 1992, 24 years later both valves were in need of replacement. From the moment I met with Dr Kalimi I had a great confident feeling from this brilliant surgeon. I felt more than confident he would pull me through this difficult surgery. He took the time to explain everything that needed to be done. You see they no longer use the size valve I had replaced in my aortic in 1992 so Dr Kalimi had to replace that valve with a much larger valve and raise my sternum - very few surgeons do this complicated procedure. Dr Kalimi not only replaced my mitral valve but he also had to rebuild, or reroute my aortic valve and he did so without issue. The professionalism, along with the care, compassion and after care from him and his amazing staff was absolutely amazing. I cannot express my gratitude enough. This is a surgeon that needs to be recognized as the best. Not one of the best but THE BEST. Sincerely, JoAnn

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I was told by my cardiologist, that I need to have Mitral Valve surgery and he directed me to Doctor Kalimi. At the moment of the pre surgery visit, he explained the process with the options that I have, giving at the time peace of mind to me and my wife. He was able to repair the valve with not need of replacement. Him and his team were very professionals from the moment I stepped inside Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, NY. I just want to say this to Doctor Kalimi and all the people who took care of me before, during and after my surgery: "THANK YOU ALL".

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

A GIFTED SURGEON REPLACED AORTA VALVE AND REPAIRED MITRAL VALVE. ABSOLUTELY THE FINEST, MOST CARING AND COMPASSIONATE SURGEON. STATE OF THE ART OPERATION. CARE BEFORE AND AFTER SURGERY WERE REMARKABLE. DR. KALIMI'S TEAM OF NURSES AND HIS STAFF ARE EXPERTS, CONSTANTLY MAKING SURE HIS PATIENTS NEEDS WERE WELL TAKEN CARE OF. DR. KALIMI GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND THE SKILLED SURGEON THAT HE IS.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015