Ratings for Dr. J. Pennington

I am very impressed and happy to have met Dr. Pennington. I went with my 20 year old daughter, she is experiencing difficult healing from her wound. Her original surgeon is not caring for her ongoing situation. Luckily our family MD referred us for second opinion to Dr. Pennington. She got a very good impression from him. He was very pleasant, explained her problem and what she has is going to heal. She was almost in depression but after talking to the doctor she now has faith she will be cured in his hands. He took all the time my daughter needed to ask her questions. He actually listened to us and had a great explanation, indicating the treatment and caring for my daughter. Thank you very much Dr. Pennington. I hope more doctors would be just like you. Keep being a great person and doctor!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Terrible post-op service. Had a lipoma removed on right thigh. Experienced various symptoms over 2 weeks, including enlarged hematoma. Office does not return calls at all even tho post-op care sheet lists Pennington's office number. Spoke to receptionist and each time said would return calls right away, I'll get back to you, or will speak to doctor asap. ZERO follow-up whatsoever. Had to goto Emergency twice and waited 3-4 hrs to get service. Very frustrating. Emerg doc was annoyed when I told them Pennington wasnt returning calls. One time I waited outside the office on advice of Emerg doc to get a sooner appt. Pennington came out and started an argument with me. Said I was "waiting for him", "stalking him". What an a*hole, point blank. This all in front of his secretary who witnessed the whole incident. Very arrogant and condescending guy, no empathy to patients. Seems once he gets his OHIP for surgery he ignores his patients. His "know it all" condescending approach is irritating.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013