Dr. Eugene Kholov

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eugene Kholov

I had extremely bad teeth as a child and was brought to Dr. Eugene Kholov by my parents at a young age. He did an impeccable job and was able to over accommodate my families financial situation. Years later my younger brother also needed braces and we consulted with Dr Kholov again to which he was able to help no problems ! The office is such a calm atmosphere and I loved going there with my father as a child, my father is no longer with us and the memories I have from going to this office with him will never be forgotten! Thank you for that! Brittany Cassidy

flag | Submitted November 18, 2019

Eugene Kholov is the most SHAMEFUL dentist ever- I hate my .smile. It is so unnatural. He hasnt got a clue what he is doing and is so rude and obnoxious you can't even discuss what you're unhappy with. TERRIBLE orthodontist and a ROTTEN human being.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2019

I would not recommend Dr. Kholov. Rude, arrogant, indifferent, an unpleasant treatment experience all-round. Post braces my jaw now cracks every time I move it and it frequently locks open or closed causing significant pain.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

Favourite receptionist Joanne, always very nice and friendly. I only go to her to choose another date to come see the doctor. The young workers who look at my teeth instead of Dr.Kholov screwed up a few times, causing my tooth to feel chip. As for the doctor himself, he knows what he is doing, and he's a professional at his job.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Had to wait 30 minutes every time had an appointment scheduled, receptionist clearly in the wrong job! Had braces off for years and when i needed to repair my permanent retainer I was told Im no longer a priority.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Too bad Dr. Kholov is so arrogant he doesn’t know his preview patients refer his new patients in great numbers What an ass telling me his priority patient take precedence and his prior patient are not his priority

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Worst receptionist ever, so rude every time I call or visit. Older lady. Clearly she hates her job and she needs to be fired!!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

First off I can't say anything positive about Dr. Eugene Kholov as a doctor. In nearly 2.5 years he only saw my daughter three times. The rest of the time he didn't bother seeing my kid. In fact, they the staff screwed up as my kid should have had her braces over 6 months ago but the staff screwed up her overbite and needed to correct their mistake. In my opinion, he is a crook and he gives the medication profession a bad name. He should not use the initial Dr. in front of his name. Again, this is strictly my opinion. Furthermore, his clinic is one of the most expensive clinics to go too. Yes he has a nice office but at the rates that he is overcharging he needs a nice office. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking of going to him to look around as there are cheaper and most likely better options out there. My oldest daughter needs treatment as well. I was quoted $5,400 by his office but have investigated after sending my younger daughter to his office and thoroughly looking around because of the pathetic service and professionalism of Dr. Kholov I have found three other places for $3,200. This gives you an idea of his fees. This review is for the Mississauga location he has and I am unable to comment on the Thornhill office he has but I am certain that with his name attached to the Thornhill office that its probably the exact same. If I have taken the time to write this long message its because I feel its my obligation to warn people out there. I couldn't avoid but give him one star in order to post this review but realistically if I could I would give him zero stars.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

These people are obsessed with overbite that they ruined my smile. I cannot smile with my mouth close because they fixed my overbite by making my bottom and top teeth forward forcibly. I told them that my bite feels uncomfortable and I don't want it but they kept said bringing right part of the teeth to come out is to prevent the overbite. Having 1 month left until removal of my braces, I told the female doc? or assistant my problem but they said that my teeth are perfect. They brought Dr.K to talk to me and I tried to tell him my problem but he kept ignored my word saying that I have a asymmetrical jaw so they cannot make it perfect. I know that but I cannot smile with my mouth close because of the weird bottom and top curve of my half of the teeth from the midline are forced to be positioned more front then before and it makes my smile asymmetrical significantly. I realize that from this braces process I developed asymmetrical facial muscle due to fixing the overbite. I took a video of my teeth and I was shocked. The curve of my teeth are unnoticeable from the front side but from looking it from the upper side, the curve is just non sense. I am going to take off my retainer and go to different orthodontics to fix my problem. I don't care about overbite. I don't think their aesthetically disturbing. I refuse to go here to get additional fix since they will not listen to my complain. I feel so bad for my parents since they had to pay a lot for my braces. We are not rich...

Submitted June 24, 2016

My teeth were straight from birth, but I had some molars pulled out when I was a kid, which caused my back teeth to tip forward, leading to shooting pain in ears. As it turned out, straight teeth complicated everything, and I had to have titanium microimplants as part of the ortho adjustment process. • • • Dr. Kholov was the first of five orthodontists I consulted before proceeding with my treatment. After talking to 4 other doctors and seeing the treatment options I was offered, I went back to Dr. Kholov and haven't regretted my decision for a second. I love his calm and joyful manner and incredible patience (especially in dealing with a control freak like myself!), not to mention his fantastic orthodontic and surgical skills. He does pretty major things in a very understated manner. I found it very reassuring that he's also a dental surgeon and was able to insert the microimplants himself. • • • The process took 1 yearand 10 month and by the age of 28 I was pain-free with newly readjusted teeth. Now, several years later I see the long-lasting improvement and how the braces affected my facial structure for the better - an unexpected side-effect! I'm so grateful for Dr. Kholov's vision and genius. Thank you. • • • Also want to thank all theassistants who were always pleasant and personable, and made it fun to come in for adjustments and emergency trips. Thank you, Joanna, Melissa, Veronica, Jennifer... Best, Helen

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Eugene Kholov's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Eugene Kholov was born in Russia and came to Canada at the age of 16. He received his degree in dentistry in 1982 and a specialty Diploma in Orthodontics in 1985 at the University of Toronto. He went on to establish Orthodontically Yours in 1985. Dr. Kholov is a member of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, American Association of Orthodontists, the Great Lakes Society of Orthodontists and the Canadian Dental Association. He belongs to the Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity, and the Omicron Upsilon Honour Dental Society.

• English
  • Russian

• University of Toronto Mississauga (Grad. 1985)